Book 2 – Page 110

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 110

Postby cheeseaholic » Mon May 27, 2013 12:23 am

The groundhog can fight. Where did it come from then? If it can fight it should be a unit. Do animals spawn in the MK or what?

Parson doesn't appear to be bleeding, but there's a lot of fire involved.
cheeseaholic

Postby Masennus » Mon May 27, 2013 12:25 am

Knight13 wrote:Did that healomancer really just ask how Marie knew that was going to happen? Knowing what's going to happen is what predictamancers are for.

I interpreted the question to be "How did you get a warlord into the Magic Kingdom?" Which may well be confusing to anyone who wasn't paying attention to the local gossip.
Masennus

Postby Lilwik » Mon May 27, 2013 12:28 am

cheeseaholic wrote:The groundhog can fight. Where did it come from then? If it can fight it should be a unit.

We know for purposes of stacking that a unit and its mount count a single unit, not two. It probably works the same for riding a mount into the Magic Kingdom. Clearly the groundhog is the predictamancer and the man in the top hat is just a mount.
Lilwik

Postby dwp222 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:31 am

Really cool! So much fun detail, I really like the woodchuck (Phil) attacking the carny!

As to Sizemore, can't Stanley order him through via Maggie?
dwp222
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby BakaGrappler » Mon May 27, 2013 12:31 am

The Hand of Fate shall not be denied! How appropriate that it was on fire when it made contact with Parson.

I'm hoping Parson finishes putting 2 and 2 together to see that Jojo is firmly in Charlie's pocket. In the pocket on a Non-Royal, breaking the oath that he swore to his queen before going through the portal. I also hope the rest of the Magic Kingdom realizes what that means for their beloved neutrality.

I do so hope those remaining units live. They've really knocked one out of the park for Parson. Antium especially. And of course, I do hope there are enough remains of Artemis, Jack, and Ace for Decryption. I don't wanna say goodbye to them yet either.
Hey, have you read Shadows of the Evergreen? It's my ErfFic. People say it's pretty good over here, and who am I to argue? Check it out, and then tell me what you think of my hack writing.
Last Updated: 6/16/14
BakaGrappler

Postby dwp222 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:36 am

Also, guessing that putting out an Inferno will level Sizemore!
dwp222

Postby Sixty » Mon May 27, 2013 12:56 am

dwp222 wrote:Really cool! So much fun detail, I really like the woodchuck (Phil) attacking the carny!

Actually I think Stanley could simply straight up order him without Maggie thanks to natural ruler thinkamancy. He had ordered Maggie back and seemed to expect that to work earlier.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ManaCaster » Mon May 27, 2013 1:09 am

dwp222 wrote:Really cool! So much fun detail, I really like the woodchuck (Phil) attacking the carny!

He doesn't even need Maggie. He just needs to use his Ruler sense.

Wouldn't it be terrifying if the Arkendish could hack that? Course, even if it's possible, I doubt Charlie would dare to do such a thing. I mean, it would turn every side on Erfworld against him.
ManaCaster

Postby Wren » Mon May 27, 2013 1:10 am

Wren

Postby youngstormlord » Mon May 27, 2013 1:19 am

Another awesome update! And another question: what happens if you lose your current capital to inferno and your overlord is in another capital site? Does your whole side go barbarian for a few minutes until you claim the site, by sitting in the throne room and saying "I proclaim this city my capital." or is the change automatic?

P. S. Jannice is scary.
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord

Postby Lipkin » Mon May 27, 2013 1:31 am

I suspect the Healomancer's work will be swift and effective. Parson will get up and take charge.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby sheepfly » Mon May 27, 2013 1:46 am

Punxsutawney Phil wrote:SCREEEE!

Hilarious!
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly

Postby Lilwik » Mon May 27, 2013 2:08 am

youngstormlord wrote:And another question: what happens if you lose your current capital to inferno and your overlord is in another capital site? Does your whole side go barbarian for a few minutes until you claim the site, by sitting in the throne room and saying "I proclaim this city my capital." or is the change automatic?

The side has already lost their capital at the end of Book 1 and didn't go barbarian. They just rebuilt. I expect that the same will happen this time, assuming that they can't save the city.
Lilwik

Postby ShinyBrownCoat » Mon May 27, 2013 2:38 am

Is the healomancer Beverly Crusher?
ShinyBrownCoat

Postby Shai_hulud » Mon May 27, 2013 2:55 am

Yes she seems to be.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby mortissimus » Mon May 27, 2013 3:20 am

Lilwik wrote:
cheeseaholic wrote:The groundhog can fight. Where did it come from then? If it can fight it should be a unit.

We know for purposes of stacking that a unit and its mount count a single unit, not two. It probably works the same for riding a mount into the Magic Kingdom. Clearly the groundhog is the predictamancer and the man in the top hat is just a mount.

Antium should have carried Parson through.

sheepfly wrote:
Punxsutawney Phil wrote:SCREEEE!

Hilarious!

Yes, that is probably more how that is intended.

But hey, rules speculation!
mortissimus

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Mon May 27, 2013 3:28 am

Lilwik wrote:The side has already lost their capital at the end of Book 1 and didn't go barbarian. They just rebuilt. I expect that the same will happen this time, assuming that they can't save the city.

Actually, GK remained in GK hands via some uncroaked and golems.

Better evidence that a multi-capital-site Side wouldn't be disrupted by losing its current capital is that Jetstone wasn't planning to switch capitals until Charlie called, even though Trammenis was considering having everyone regroup at Jetstone city, which was more than a turn away for the ground units.

Anyway, GK won't immediately lose Spacerock due to the inferno, because they have fireproof red dwagons there.
Chit Rule Railroad
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Starwaster » Mon May 27, 2013 3:53 am

omg please tell me that Healomancer wasn't REALLY going to ask Marie how she knew what was going to happen...
Starwaster

Postby BakaGrappler » Mon May 27, 2013 4:10 am

ShinyBrownCoat wrote:Is the healomancer Beverly Crusher?

Ten seconds ago, I was looking at the panels and saying, "Wait a second. Wait a secooooond. No. It couldn't be. Beverly Crusher?"
Hey, have you read Shadows of the Evergreen? It's my ErfFic. People say it's pretty good over here, and who am I to argue? Check it out, and then tell me what you think of my hack writing.
Last Updated: 6/16/14
BakaGrappler

Postby Swodaems » Mon May 27, 2013 5:05 am

mroozee wrote:The sound effect to the falling beam kind of says it all... MANOS the Hands of Fate.

That movie is legendary as being one of the worst movies of all time. It is known for bad acting, worse effects, and bad editing. There are implications of pedophilia. It was made as a bet by a producer who didn't know what he was getting into. It would have remained a rather obscure work if a better known show, MST3K, hadn't helped it along,

Parson's legs appear to still be on the other side of the portal. Is anyone else hoping that they get cut off and don't come back? It would hopefully eliminate any repeat attempts by Parson to mindlessly leap into danger for no good reason. The comic already has enough deluded boopholes croaking each other. It doesn't need another one.

I'm thinking that influencing Janis into making a more active effort to enforce peace in the magic kingdom may be Marie's true goal with her recent antics. In book 1, Janis appears to have an unmatched reputation in the magic kingdom. This could allow her to take a great measure of control of day to day affairs in the MK if she feels that there is good reason to.
Swodaems

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions