Equilateratoria

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Equilateratoria

Postby 0beron » Wed May 29, 2013 11:50 am

ETheBoyce wrote:Someone bring me another spear I shall have need of it soon! Also, some food would also be nice <_<

LOL as if! If you want food, then retreat. I'm not gonna go back into that hex without bringing along a second combatant, and everyone with food.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed May 29, 2013 12:44 pm

That's what I get for being generous!
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Wed May 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:Ok Folks...Gemweaver or Stonecaller ?

I think we need Stonecaller...but like the idea of crafting unique items that Gemweaver gives....and Dod isn't too far off getting Stonecaller.

Suggestions please.

I will be choosing whichever path you don't choose, so we'll eventually have both abilities.

I guess the biggest question about what path you should take would be when we could make use of each path. If stonecaller was immediately useful, then we could make use of it in the home zone to spare ourselves a trip to the stone zone. Unfortunately, the quote below seems to indicate otherwise.
MarbitChow wrote:Some quick notes: Now that a player has reached Level 3, Advanced Skills become accessible. You must still gain enough experience to complete Level 3, however, before you can use the advanced skill. Think of the Advanced level as Level 4.

Since we can't use stonecaller right away, we still need to travel to the stone zone, where the abundance of stone makes stonecaller a bit useless for the time being. Gemweaver might require building a gemweaving station, and I don't know when we'll be able to fit that in. (Other items on the to do list include: roads, tannery, forge, etc.)

Dod's actions depend on Eric's. I don't think Eric'll one shot the pig, so he'll probably use 0, 1, or 2 actions building the road. That means I'll have to hammer in 7, 6, or 5 more wood in order to finish it, requiring either 4 or 3 actions.

The first thing Dod does is move 2 stone from Hyde's cart to his own cart. If Eric is unable to do any road work with his actions, Dod uses his 4 normal actions to place 7 wood in the road headed north, and uses his free build action to place the other 2 stone from Hyde's cart into a road headed east. If Eric is able to place 1 or 2 wood in the road, Dod uses his 3 of his normal actions to place 6 or 5 wood in the road headed north, and uses his remaining normal action and free build action to place 2 wood and the other 2 stone from Hyde's cart into a road headed east.

LTDave, turbler, could the two of you please gather 3-7 more wood in the pig zone by the end of next turn?
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Wed May 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Just thought I should go into a little more detail on the Forester paths...

Herbalist: allows the character to create gardens, groves, potions & poultices
Poultices are applied by the Herbalist, and grant healing or temporary bonuses for a turn or two. Potions are similar, but portable and can be drunk by the user instead of having to be applied.

Shepherd: allows the character to breed animals, mass-calm animals, and train animals
Breeding animals allows you to give the newly breed animal an additional trait, like better Hits, Off, Def, or additional free actions (like +1 free attack). Future generations can inherit their parents' traits as well as gain new ones, so, for example, you could eventually breed war pigs, as well as other animal types if you find them.
Training them allows you to add action options, like ordering them to attack, follow an target, and being able to stop attacking (animals normally only attack when attacked, and stop if the attacker flees).
MarbitChow

Postby turbler » Wed May 29, 2013 8:03 pm

What do gardens/groves do?
Also, considering my Leatherworking set lends itself to dealing with animals, I'm thinking I might go with Shepherd. Any other thoughts?
turbler

Postby WhirdCheese » Wed May 29, 2013 8:53 pm

I'm fine with it as long as you leave me enough hides to get to bonecrafter.
WhirdCheese

Postby LTDave » Wed May 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Well, I guess Shepherd is the way to go - that way I can calm and then butcher the pigs.

New Orders:
Spend all actions gathering wood, unless someone comes to this angle and calms a pig for slaughter, in which case 1 action on the pig, and 3 gathering wood.
LTDave

Postby MarbitChow » Wed May 29, 2013 11:58 pm

turbler wrote:What do gardens/groves do? Also, considering my Leatherworking set lends itself to dealing with animals, I'm thinking I might go with Shepherd. Any other thoughts?
They're structures that provide the resources for your poultices and potions, possibly supplying food as well. If you have a chef or brewer, the meals and brews he makes can be improved. At the highest level, you can also create a healing grove, which automatically restores health to everyone on your side in that zone.

As a reminder, although you must select your path now, you won't unlock any of the abilities until you gain another level in that skill tree.
MarbitChow

Postby John Mandrake » Thu May 30, 2013 2:18 am

Raithar will train more, and eat another mushroom.
If someone thinks I should do something else, please tell me.
John Mandrake

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu May 30, 2013 4:29 am

John Mandrake wrote:Raithar will train more, and eat another mushroom.
If someone thinks I should do something else, please tell me.

We will need someone to shuttle those carts and weapons southward to where they're needed and also to shuttle wood back northward for the carpenter's workshop. That is indeed if the weapons fit on the cart and of course if the carts themselves aren't an error. I haven't been keeping up with who built what... finding the cheese sandwich distracted me somewhat. :lol:
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Thu May 30, 2013 7:48 am

The carts in the starting hex are in error. The two valid carts are equipped by Hyde and Dod currently.
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Thu May 30, 2013 10:15 am

Current Turn Orders

WhirdCheese (George) : PENDING
0beron (Arthemy) : Calms attacking Hostile (1 actions), Move W (3 actions), (free) forage / eat
LTDave (Eric) : Gather wood (4 actions) OR butcher calmed pig (1 action), Gather wood (3 actions), (free) eat
ETheBoyce (Texas) : Attack non-calmed Orb Thingie (4 actions)
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : Chooses to follow the Gemweaver Path; drops 3 stone, Move E (3 actions), Bank (1 action), (free) forage / eat
Swodaems (Dod) : Build road (4 actions), (free) Build road, (free) eat
Cnor (Katara) : (free) eat, (New Default) Train (range) (4 actions)
turbler (Jordan) : Gather wood (4 actions), (free-structure) Craft Spear (1 action), (free-structure) Craft Shield (1 action), Fast - MUST CHOOSE PATH
John Mandrake (Raithar) : (free) eat, Train (4 actions)

Since Cnor has been MIA for a few weeks, Katara will just continue training Mystic and Hunter, switching from one to the other as each levels.

(Edit: Added Hyde's actions.)
Last edited by MarbitChow on Thu May 30, 2013 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu May 30, 2013 10:42 am

Hyde will leave 3 stone from his cart in the zone and move east with his 1 stone and 2 wood banking the unused action and looking for more cheese sandwiches, or mushrooms, on the way. He will follow the Gemweaver path
Werebiscuit

Postby WhirdCheese » Thu May 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Gather wood (x3) gather enough food for those IN HEX at end of turn.
WhirdCheese

Postby turbler » Fri May 31, 2013 12:04 am

I'll take Shepherd, then.
We need more wood in... the zone next to mine, right?
I'll go there, then gather wood x2, I guess.
turbler

Postby MarbitChow » Fri May 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Another quick rules note (I do so enjoy making these up as I go along...):

Defense drops to zero (0) when incapacitated.
Note that if the orbs were more intelligent, Five would have attempted to finish Arthemy when he was down.

George continues to bank an action, saving it for a rainy day. Arthemy takes a nap. Texas continues to exemplify foolhardiness, but at least gets to see the orb he's attacking dissolve into a large puddle, which rapidly soaks into the ground. Food supplies are dwindling rapidly, and hunger is rampant this turn.

I decided to keep Katara meditating; she'll swap to training Hunter just before she would hit Level 3. Katara will be attempting to revive Arthemy next turn.

Map:

Turn Actions:
Spoiler: show
Initiative

Players vs. Orbs : Initiative!
Arthemy/Texas: 1
Orb: 2 <- Wins

WhirdCheese (George) : {in B2} Gather wood (3 actions), Gather food (1 action), (free) eat, Banks 1 action (free gather food action lost)
0beron (Arthemy) : {in B3} Calms attacking Hostile (1 actions), Move W (3 actions) {to B2}, (free) forage / eat
LTDave (Eric) : {in B1} Gather wood (4 actions), (free) forage / eat
ETheBoyce (Texas) : {in B3} Attack non-calmed Orb Thingie (4 actions)
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : {in B1} Selects Gemweaver Path. Drops 3 stone. Move E (3 actions) {to B2}, Bank (1 action), (free) forage / eat
Swodaems (Dod) : {in B1} Build road (4 actions), (free) Build road, (free) eat
Cnor (Katara) : {in A1} (free) eat, (Default) Meditates (shrine) (4 actions)
turbler (Jordan) : {in A1} Selects Shepherd Path. (free) eat, Move S {to B1} (3 actions), Gather Wood (1 action), (free) Gather Wood (1 action)
John Mandrake (Raithar) : {in A1} (free) eat, Train (4 actions)

Results:
Combat

One: Attempts to Break Calm
One breaks free!
One: Off 5 vs. Arthemy: Def 5
One hits! Arthemy loses 1 hit. (3 of 10 Hits)

Two: Off 5 vs. Arthemy: Def 5
Two hits! Arthemy loses 2 hits. (1 of 10 Hits)

Three: Off 5 vs. Texas: Def 8
Three misses!

Four: Attempts to Break Calm
Four remains Calmed.

Five: (loses action)

Six: Off 5 vs. Texas: Def 8
Six misses!

Arthemy: Calms Two
Two is Calmed. Arthemy feels like he's getting better at being a Mystic (3 hostile calm actions in Level 2)

Texas: Off 11 vs. Six: Def 5
Texas hits! Six loses 4 hits. (-2 of 10 Hits) Texas feels like he's getting better at being a Warrior (2 attack hostile actions in Level 2)
Six DIES.

-----

One: Off 5 vs. Arthemy: Def 5
One hits! Arthemy loses 2 hits. (-1 of 10 Hits)
Arthemy is incapacitated.

Two: (loses action)

Three misses!

Four: Attempts to Break Calm
Four breaks free!
Four: Off 5 vs. Texas: Def 8
Four misses!

Five: Attempts to Break Calm
Five remains Calmed.

Texas: Off 11 vs. Four: Def 5
Texas hits! Four loses 3 hits. (7 of 10 Hits) Texas feels like he's getting better at being a Warrior (3 attack hostile actions in Level 2)

-----

One: Off 5 vs. Texas: Def 8
One misses!

Two: Attempts to Break Calm
Two remains Calmed.

Three misses!

Four hits! Texas loses 1 hit. (7 of 10 Hits)

Five: Attempts to Break Calm
Five breaks free!
(Cannot attack Texas - max attackers already.)

Texas hits! Four loses 3 hits. (4 of 10 Hits) Texas feels like he's getting better at being a Warrior (4 attack hostile actions in Level 2)

-----

One: Off 5 vs. Texas: Def 8
One misses!

Two: Attempts to Break Calm
Two remains Calmed.

Three misses!

Four misses!

Five: (Cannot attack Texas - max attackers already.)

Texas hits! Four loses 2 hits. (2 of 10 Hits) Texas feels like he's getting better at being a Warrior (5 attack hostile actions in Level 2)

-----

End of turn: Arthemy is recalled to the Summoning Stone.

Non-Combat
WhirdCheese (George) : George gains 1.5 wood (3 actions), Banks 1 action. George feels like he's getting better at being a Farmer (9 food-gathering actions in Level 2) (Food Supply -2, Wood Supply -1.5, Food store -1)
0beron (Arthemy) : (see combat results)
LTDave (Eric) : Gains 4 wood Eric feels like he's getting better at being a Forester (7 wood-gathering actions in Level 2) (B1 Wood Supply -4, Food store -1)
ETheBoyce (Texas) : (see combat results)
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : Forage Succeeds! Banks 1 action
Swodaems (Dod) : Dod adds 7 wood to Road. Road is complete! Adds 2 stone to Road. Dod feels like he's getting better at being a Stonemason (7 build action in Level 2)
Cnor (Katara) : Katara meditates (4 actions) Katara feels like she's getting better at being a Mystic (9 meditation actions in Level 2) (A1 Granary -1)
turbler (Jordan) : Gains 2 wood Jordan feels like he's getting better at being a Shepherd (1 wood gathering action in Level 0) DING! He has! (A1 Granary -1, B1 Wood supply -2)
John Mandrake (Raithar) : John trains (4 actions) John feels like she's getting better at being a Warrior (8 training actions) (A1 Granary -1)

Arthemy loses 3 hits from hunger. (-4 of 11)
Texas loses 3 hits from hunger. (4 of 11)
Dod loses 3 hits from hunger. (7 of 10)
Eric loses 3 hits from hunger. (7 of 10)

Communal Resources (home zone A1):
Food (mushroom) : 6 (existing) - 3 (eaten) = 3 remaining
1 Spear, 1 Shield

Communal Resources (pig zone):
Stone : 8 (existing) - 2 (build) - 1 (claimed) = 5 remaining
Wood : 8 (existing) - 7 (build) + 6 (gathered) = 7 remaining
Food : 0 remaining
Animal Skin : 1 remaining
Bone : 2 remaining

Hyde moves East {to B2}
Jordan moves South {to B1}

Players
WhirdCheese : "George" the Leatherworker / Farmer 2 [Craft Leather, Gather Food, Enhanced Farming, +1 Gather Food Action] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 10 of 10
    9 food-gathering actions in Level 2
    1 action banked

0beron : "Arthemy" the Mystic 2 / Scout [Calm, Forage, Paralyze] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits -4 of 10
    1 creature-calming action, 3 hostile calm actions in Level 2; 2 zones revealed

LTDave : "Eric" the Hunter / Forester 2 [+1 Off/+1 Def, Gather Wood, Craft Wood Items/Weapons] Offense 9 / Defense 9 / Hits 7 of 10
    Equipped: Wooden Spear (+3 Offense), Wooden Shield (+3 Defense)
    4 combat actions, 7 wood-gathering actions in Level 2

ETheBoyce : "Texas" the Warrior 2 / Scout [+3 Off/+3 Def, +1 Hits, Forage, Basic Armor Skills] Offense 11 / Defense 8 / Hits 4 of 11
    Equipped: Wooden Spear (+3 Offense)
    2 zones revealed; 4 combat Actions, 1 Training Action

Werebiscuit : "Hyde Goseek" the Scout / Miner 3 / Gemweaver 0 [Forage, Gather Stone Block, Enhanced Mining, Sense Ore, Sense Gems, +1 Gather Stone Action, +2 Hits] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 12 of 12
    Equipped: Wooden Cart (1 Stone, 2 wood)
    (no unused experience)
    1 action banked

Swodaems : "Dod" the Miner 2 / Stonemason 2 [Gather Stone Block, Fast Construction, +1 Build Action, Knowledge - Intermediate Structures, Enhanced Mining, Sense Ore] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 7 of 10
    Equipped: Wooden Cart (5 Stone)
    5 stone-gathering actions in Level 2, 7 build action in Level 2

Cnor: "Katara" the Mystic 2 / Hunter [Calm, +1 Off/+1 Def, Paralyze] Offense 6 / Defense 6 / Hits 10 of 10
    Equipped: Wooden Staff
    9 meditation action in Level 2

turbler: "Jordan" the Leatherworker / Forester 3 / Shepherd 0 [Craft Leather, Gather Wood, Craft Wood Items/Weapons, Plant Trees, +1 Gather Wood Action, +2 Hits] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 12 of 12
    1 wood gathering action in Level 0

John Mandrake: "Raithar" the Warrior / Metallurgist [+2 Off/+2 Def, Craft Iron Bar] Offense 7 / Defense 7 / Hits 10 of 10
    8 training actions

Zones:

As always, let me know if any corrections are required.
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Fri May 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Okay, Arthemy's down and we can assume Texas will be too in the next turn.

We're going to have trouble feeding the two of them up to 1 health due to the lack of available food. The granary is low on food and pigs don't give a lot of bacon per action spent.

Marbit, can we get rules on moving other characters? I'm thinking the best way to get Arthemy and Texas fed is to move them to where George is gathering mushrooms.
Swodaems

Postby 0beron » Fri May 31, 2013 5:14 pm

Saaaaveee me, forget about Texas. Being alone in a 5v1 fight, he's gonna die before the Stone can recall him.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri May 31, 2013 5:20 pm

Swodaems wrote:Marbit, can we get rules on moving other characters?
If you have both hands free, you can carry a character, but you'll receive a -2 action penalty each turn while doing so. You can only pick up an incapacitated character, and only at the start of the turn, before you take any other actions.
I'll also allow you to use an empty wooden cart to transport an incapacitated character. Moving them in this manner only costs -1 action, instead of the normal -2 actions for carrying them.

You can improve the yield per action from pigs if you calm & butcher them, especially if a farmer with Enhanced Farming does the butchering.

When characters are in trouble like this, I'll allow players to make requests of Katara. I'll ultimately decide what action she takes, however, unless Cnor returns and issues orders.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Fri May 31, 2013 5:27 pm

So in that case Katara could pick me up (-2 Actions), bring me south (1 Action) and calm a Pig for slaughter (1 Action).
Once there, I'll need a total of 5 feeding actions and then I'll be fine fending for myself.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games