The Bracer was rigged from the begginning

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

The Bracer was rigged from the begginning

Postby oslecamo2_temp » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:22 pm

A couple updates ago Hamster discovered his Bracer was basically lying to him. Why exactly, it isn't explained, and raises quite a bit of questions.

I know I'm somewhat late to this topic, but I would like to offer my 2 cents on the topic as well.

First, take in mind the bracer was created/summoned/whatever as part of the "Summon Perfect Warlord" spell.

And what good is a Perfect Warlord if he ditches you? So how about some "failsafe" that helps ensure the perfect Warlord doesn't find any backdoor to his existence of servitude?

Thus, the bracer won't (directly) give answers that would end up making its wearer leave Erfworld, as that would be counter-productive to being the Perfect Warlord.

Whenever Hamster asks a question whose reply would result in "yes you get to exit Erfworld and no longer have to serve as the Perfect Warlord", the bracer's failsafe activates and gives false results in order to make sure the Perfect Warlord keeps doing the job he was summoned to.

As an aside, it seems interesting that Charlie actually wanted to give Hamster a way out of eternal war.
Formerly oslecamo2, unable to acess old acount.
oslecamo2_temp

Re: The Bracer was rigged from the begginning

Postby Sir_Dr_D » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:13 pm

I don't think the bracer is lieing to him. I think the spell that brought Parson to erfworld won't allow him to leave until he finishes his objective. The bracer, being part of the spell knows this. So the bracer is saying , 'yes' technically you can cast the spell, but some force will stop you if you try.
Sir_Dr_D
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:35 pm

I think what we're seeing with the bracer's "confusion" is the conflict between predictamancy and mathamancy, the fact that they cannot overlap, and the debate of Fate/Natural Predictamancy. The Bracer, being Mathamancy, was capable of calculating Parson's odds of casting, but it couldn't account for events of Fate. So the number shown first was it's real result, and the switch to zero was just natural predictamancy kicking in and overriding the bracer's magic.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:11 pm

0beron wrote:I think what we're seeing with the bracer's "confusion" is the conflict between predictamancy and mathamancy, the fact that they cannot overlap, and the debate of Fate/Natural Predictamancy. The Bracer, being Mathamancy, was capable of calculating Parson's odds of casting, but it couldn't account for events of Fate. So the number shown first was it's real result, and the switch to zero was just natural predictamancy kicking in and overriding the bracer's magic.

I like the sounds of this explanation. Basically the bracer was saying "you have a 99% chance to cast the spell, but if you try, there is a 99% chance that something (like the falling rocks) will stop you from succeeding." This would mean no one is actually messing with the bracer, not even the 'summon perfect warlord', but rather that the question has two answers, and the bracer is trying to display them both. Goes to show just how powerful the bracer is.

@oslecamo2_temp I don't think it is odd that Charlie wants him out of the picture. Whatever plans Charlie has/had in motion, it's obvious that Parson is messing with them, and getting him out of Erfworld is an easy (because Parson wants it) way to accomplish that, at least in Charlie's mind.
Taikei no Yuurei
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld