Equilateratoria

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Equilateratoria

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:44 am

BrimStone wrote:Guy will move south, ask Katara for the staff and ask for a bacon for the road. The Guy will use the remaining 3 actions to move and join the rest of the group east. Also Guy is not planning on eating this round (fasting to figure out the mystic benefit) The food will be for next round when/if we go south.
Since it's tough to go through all the previous turns (especially for new players), I'll note that a mystic has already fasted and not seen a benefit from it, but suspects that meditating and fasting combined may do something.

Meditating is an action that requires use of a Shrine, which currently only exists in your starting zone.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby BrimStone » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:39 am

Alright then 1 edit. If there is enough food in the new location at the end of my turn I will eat, if not I will wait and have the food for the next turn.
BrimStone

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Corrections so far:
    B2 has 2 stone towards South Road

Declared actions so far:
WhirdCheese (George) : {in B1} * PENDING, (free) eat
* 0beron (Arthemy) : {in B1} Eat (2 actions), (free) forage / eat, (free) equip 2 bacon, Move E (2 actions, partially complete)
* LTDave (Eric) : {in B2} Attack pig (X action actions), Gather wood (4-X actions), (free) eat
ETheBoyce (Texas) : {in B2} * PENDING, (free) forage / eat
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : {in B2} * PENDING, (free) forage / eat
* Swodaems (Dod) : {in B2} Build South road w/ 10x wood (4 actions, 1 free action), (free) eat
* Cnor (Katara): {in B1} [NPC Mode] (free) drop staff, (free) get 2 bacon, Move N (1 action), (free) add 2 bacon to Granary, Move S (1 action), (free) get 2 bacon, Move N (1 action), (free) add 2 bacon to Granary, Meditate (1 action)
turbler (Jordan) : {in B1} * PENDING, (free) eat
John Mandrake (Raithar) : {in B2} * PENDING, (free) eat
* Intocabille_CZ (Pace) : {in A1} Move S {to B1} (1 action), (free) eat, (free) equip 2 bacon, Move E {to B2} (3 actions)
* BrimStone (Guy the Intrepid) : {in A1} Move S {to B1} (1 action), (free) Equip bacon and staff from Katara, Move E {to B2} (3 actions), (free) eat

(edit: added 'get bacon' to Guy)
Last edited by MarbitChow on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:22 pm

MarbitChow wrote:* Cnor (Katara): {in B1} [NPC Mode] (free) drop staff, (free) get 2 bacon, Move N (1 action), (free) add 2 bacon to Granary, Move S (1 action), (free) get 2 bacon, Move N (1 action), (free) add 2 bacon to Granary, Meditate (1 action)

Woah woah woah, why is she doing that? People in that zone need that food to eat this turn.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:39 pm

0beron wrote:Woah woah woah, why is she doing that? People in that zone need that food to eat this turn.
There are 4 people in the zone, and bacon only lasts 2 turns before it spoils. Some will be moved to the next zone, but based on requests so far, I didn't think it would all be eaten before it would spoil, even with you consuming mass quantities of it.

Once all actions are declared, her actions will be adjusted so that no food goes to waste (if possible). If all bacon is accounted for, she will simply head north. (I missed Guy's bacon grab; so there's currently 3 bacon unaccounted for. If you and George are going to continue the calm/butcher combo, I thought some should be spared.)
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm working under the assumption that people are on board with my "launch a full attack ASAP on the Earth Blobs" plan, which requires people eat to heal up and bring however much bacon they can carry to eat during battle. So general advice to everyone who plans to fight, eat and carry bacon East since that's where we need it. Or if you have an excuse to go East and have a spare hand, bring some so Texas can eat. If there is any left after that, yeah Katara should save it, but I don't think there will be.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:41 pm

George free eats picks up two bacon then moves east.
WhirdCheese

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:26 pm

WhirdCheese wrote:George free eats picks up two bacon then moves east.
George already has an action banked, so you still have at least 1 more action you can spend; it will be lost if you do not allocate it.
MarbitChow

Postby WhirdCheese » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:32 pm

Gather one food in new angle.
WhirdCheese

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Texas will Forage/eat then eat again, gathering a food if he needs to. he will makes sure to save 1 action for next turn but spend the rest gathering non-degrading resources
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:45 am

LTDave wrote:Eric will attack the pig until it cwoaks, and use remaining actions to gather wood.

Eric stands ready to invade the southern quarry angle next turn.

How much will the pig be expected to give ? I think the last time we did this it only gave 1 bacon (am about to Check).

Hyde will Eat bacon till it runs out then gather mushroom and eat till he has only 1 remaining action which he will bank he will then forage/free eat

[EDIT] Eric got 5 bacon for the buthchered pig on page 6 so assuming he will eat one, that leaves 4 for Hyde to use eat actions on gaining him +8 hits. Which means his free eat will put him back to full. I plan to use 4 eat actions plus his free eat (banking 1 action in the process) to put him back to full health unless anyone has a better idea for using the spare bacon that Eric will produce.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:12 am

Corrections so far:
    B2 has 2 stone towards South Road

Declared actions so far:
WhirdCheese (George) : {in B1} (free) eat, (free) equip 2 bacon, Move 3 to {to B2}, Gather food (1 action)
0beron (Arthemy) : {in B1} Eat (2 actions), (free) forage / eat, (free) equip 2 bacon, Move E (2 actions, partially complete)
LTDave (Eric) : {in B2} Attack pig (X action actions), Gather wood (4-X actions), (free) eat
ETheBoyce (Texas) : {in B2} [Conditional: Gather Food if required (X actions (max 2))], (free) forage / eat, Eat (1 action), Bank 1 action, Gather wood (1-3 actions)
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : {in B2} Eat bacon (4 actions), Bank 1 action, (free) forage / eat
Swodaems (Dod) : {in B2} Build South road w/ 10x wood (4 actions, 1 free action), (free) eat
Cnor (Katara): {in B1} [NPC Mode] (free) drop staff, Move N (1 action), Use summoning stone to depart the Realm (3 actions)
turbler (Jordan) : {in B1} * PENDING, (free) eat
John Mandrake (Raithar) : {in B2} * PENDING, (free) eat
Intocabille_CZ (Pace) : {in A1} Move S {to B1} (1 action), (free) eat, (free) equip 2 bacon, Move E {to B2} (3 actions)
BrimStone (Guy the Intrepid) : {in A1} Move S {to B1} (1 action), (free) Equip bacon and staff from Katara, Move E {to B2} (3 actions), (free) eat
MarbitChow

Postby turbler » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:58 pm

New default: Gather Wood 4x, Bank Action if able, if not, Gather Wood 5x
turbler

Postby John Mandrake » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:42 am

I suppose I will kill a pig (or two, or three if I get lucky and have actions to spare) to make sure there is enough bacon to sustain our attack on the Blobs.
John Mandrake

Postby Intocabille_CZ » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:55 am

OOG: So I have been working on this little thing in PHP code. It is a simple form where you put your name, stats, skills and equip, and it transforms those into an image that can be used for signature. It is seen in my signature right now. The thing is that it still can fit only so much on a line. Then again it could be made dynamical, to make it higher and contain more lines... presumably for the skills. Or the skills can be left out completely, then I guess it could fit on one line, like including only basic info. That way information about the character could be visible under all your posts, not just once in those sum-up posts?
What do you think about it? Interested in link for the form, or the code itself? (colors can be changed via RGB values)
Intocabille_CZ

Postby Werebiscuit » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:26 am

MarbitChow wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:If I use forage as part of a general action does it feed me or do I also have to use eat ?
Forage always occurs as part of your free eat action.

As SCOUT is quite hard to train anyway this seems unnecciessarily harsh. Can I suggest you allow forage to be used only once during orders (so that it doesn't become a resource gathering option) but allow it to gain xp when used in general orders. When used that way it would also need an eat order to consume what was foraged. (or you can wait for the free eat at the end if you haven't used it) if forage fails as a general order it cannot be used during the free eat.

Note: Currently scouts have to spend 3 actions (travelling) to gain 1 xp. All other professions have actions that gain them 1 xp per action. Even their proposed training structure will only give 3 xp then can earn their 4th by forage.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 am

Werebiscuit wrote:Note: Currently scouts have to spend 3 actions (travelling) to gain 1 xp. All other professions have actions that gain them 1 xp per action. Even their proposed training structure will only give 3 xp then can earn their 4th by forage.

Actually, each 'zone revealed' event is worth 3 actions. A scout only needs to reveal 4 zones to level. A zones with fog of war can be revealed for the same XP as 'new' zones. Any number of scouts moving into a zone to reveal it can get XP.

I kinda thought scouts had the easiest ways to get XP - all they had to do was explore. You know - scout.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:32 am

MarbitChow wrote:I kinda thought scouts had the easiest ways to get XP - all they had to do was explore. You know - scout.

Easiest to do? Yeah pretty much. Most common? No. With what, 10 players? It's hard for a scout to be the one revealing. I'm not necessarily saying it needs to be changed...but their tree is probably the only one that can be screwed over by the actions of others. Which explains why neither of them have leveled yet.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:49 am

Tension mounts, as the invasion force gathers together in preparation for the largest melee to date...

Map:

Turn Actions:
Spoiler: show
WhirdCheese (George) : {in B1} (free) eat, (free) equip 2 bacon, Move 3 to {to B2}, Gather food (1 action)
0beron (Arthemy) : {in B1} Eat (2 actions), (free) forage / eat, (free) equip 2 bacon, Move E (2 actions, partially complete)
LTDave (Eric) : {in B2} Attack pig (X actions), Gather wood (4-X actions), (free) eat
ETheBoyce (Texas) : {in B2} [Conditional: Gather Food if required (X actions (max 2))], (free) forage / eat, Eat (1 action), Bank 1 action, Gather wood (1-3 actions)
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : {in B2} Eat bacon (4 actions), Bank 1 action, (free) forage / eat
Swodaems (Dod) : {in B2} Build South road w/ 10x wood (4 actions, 1 free action), (free) eat
Cnor (Katara): {in B1} [NPC Mode] (free) drop staff, Move N (1 action), Use summoning stone to depart the Realm (3 actions)
turbler (Jordan) : {in B1} Gather wood (3 actions), Bank 1 action, (free) Gather wood, (free) eat
John Mandrake (Raithar) : {in B2} Attack pig (X actions), (free) eat
Intocabille_CZ (Pace) : {in A1} Move S {to B1} (1 action), (free) eat, (free) equip 2 bacon, Move E {to B2} (3 actions)
BrimStone (Guy the Intrepid) : {in A1} Move S {to B1} (1 action), (free) Equip bacon and staff from Katara, Move E {to B2} (3 actions), (free) eat

Results:
Eric: Off 9 vs. Pig: Def 2
Eric hits! Pig loses 4 hits. (-2 of 5 Hits) Eric feels like he's getting better at being a Hunter (6 combat actions) DING! He has!
Eric gains Hunter Level 2.
Eric gains +1 Defense
Eric gains Evaluate Enemy : Spend 2 actions to reveal targets's stats (off, def, hits, skills, type)

Pig DIES.

Raithar: Off 11 vs. Pig: Def 2
Raithar hits! Pig loses 3 hits. (2 of 5 Hits) Raithar feels like he's getting better at being a Warrior (1 combat action in Level 2)

Pig: Off 2 vs. Raithar: Def 11
Pig misses.
Raithar's Wood Shield absorbs the blow (-1 Defense)

-----

Raithar hits! Pig loses 3 hits. (-1 of 5 Hits) Raithar feels like he's getting better at being a Warrior (2 combat actions in Level 2)
Pig DIES.

-----

Raithar hits! Pig loses 4 hits. (1 of 5 Hits) Raithar feels like he's getting better at being a Warrior (3 combat actions in Level 2)

Pig: Off 2 vs. Raithar: Def 11
Pig hits! Raithar loses 1 hit. (10 of 11 Hits)

-----

Raithar hits! Pig loses 3 hits. (-1 of 5 Hits) Raithar feels like he's getting better at being a Warrior (4 combat actions in Level 2)
Pig DIES.

Non-Combat
WhirdCheese (George) : George gathers 3 mushrooms. George feels like he's getting better at being a Farmer (10 food-gathering actions in Level 2) (B2 Food Supply -2, B2 mushroom store -1)
0beron (Arthemy) : Forage FAILS! Arthemy gains 6 hits (7 of 10). (B1 bacon store -5)
LTDave (Eric) : Eric gains 3 wood. (B2 wood supply -3, B2 mushroom store -1)
ETheBoyce (Texas) : Forage FAILS! Texas gains 4 hits, banks 1 action, gathers 2 wood. (B2 Wood supply -2, B2 mushroom store -1)
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : Forage SUCCEEDS! Hyde gains 9 hits (12 of 12). (B2 bacon store -4)
Swodaems (Dod) : Dod adds 10 wood to Road {B2 S}. Dod feels like he's getting better at being a Stonemason (16 build actions in Level 2) (B2 Bacon store -1)
Cnor (Katara) : Departs the realm.
turbler (Jordan) : Gains 4 wood Jordan feels like he's getting better at being a Shepherd (12 wood gathering action in Level 0) (B1 Wood supply -4) (B1 bacon store -1)
John Mandrake (Raithar) : (see combat results) Raithar gains 1 hit (11 of 11). (B2 bacon store -1)
Intocabille_CZ (Pace) : Pace equips 2 bacon. (B1 bacon store -3)
BrimStone (Guy the Intrepid) : Guy equips Wooden Staff, 1 bacon (B1 bacon store -1, B2 bacon store -1)

A1 Communal Resources (home zone):
Food (mushroom) : 1 remaining

B1 Communal Resources (pig zone):
Wood : 8 (existing) + 4 (gathered) = 12 remaining
Food : 12 (existing) - 12 (eaten/equipped) = 0 remaining
Animal Skin : 4 (existing)
Bone : 8 (existing)

B2 Communal Resources (pig/shroom zone):
Wood : 5 (existing) + 5 (gathered) - 10 (building) = 0 remaining
Mushroom : 3 (gathered) - 3 (eaten) = 0 remaining
Bacon : 15 (gathered) - 7 (eaten) = 8 remaining
Animal Skin : 3 (gathered)
Bone : 6 (gathered)

George moves East {to B2}
Arthemy partially moves East {towards B2}
Pace moves South {to B1}, East {to B2}
Guy the Intrepid moves South {to B1}, East {to B2}

Players
WhirdCheese : "George" the Leatherworker / Farmer 2 [Craft Leather, Gather Food, Enhanced Farming, +1 Gather Food Action] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 10 of 10
    10 food-gathering actions in Level 2, 3 butcher action in Level 2
    1 action banked

0beron : "Arthemy" the Mystic 2 / Scout [Calm, Forage, Paralyze] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 1 of 10
    1 creature-calming action, 3 hostile calm actions in Level 2; 2 zones revealed

LTDave : "Eric" the Hunter 2 / Forester 2 [NEW +1 Off/+2 Def, NEW Evaluate Enemy, Gather Wood, Craft Wood Items/Weapons] Offense 9 / Defense 8 / Hits 10 of 10
    Equipped: Wooden Spear (+3 Offense), Wooden Shield (+2 Defense)
    11 wood-gathering actions in Level 2

ETheBoyce : "Texas" the Warrior 2 / Scout [+3 Off/+3 Def, +1 Hits, Forage, Basic Armor Skills] Offense 11 / Defense 8 / Hits 11 of 11
    Equipped: Wooden Spear (+3 Offense)
    2 zones revealed; 6 attack hostile actions in Level 2, 1 Training Action

Werebiscuit : "Hyde Goseek" the Scout / Miner 3 / Gemweaver 0 [Forage, Gather Stone Block, Enhanced Mining, Sense Ore, Sense Gems, +1 Gather Stone Action, +2 Hits] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 12 of 12
    Equipped: Wooden Cart (1 Stone, 2 wood)
    1 zone revealed
    1 action banked

Swodaems : "Dod" the Miner 2 / Stonemason 2 [Gather Stone Block, Fast Construction, +1 Build Action, Knowledge - Intermediate Structures, Enhanced Mining, Sense Ore] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 10 of 10
    Equipped: Wooden Cart (5 Stone)
    5 stone-gathering actions in Level 2, 16 build action in Level 2

turbler: "Jordan" the Leatherworker / Forester 3 / Shepherd 0 [Craft Leather, Gather Wood, Craft Wood Items/Weapons, Plant Trees, +1 Gather Wood Action, +2 Hits] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 12 of 12
    12 wood gathering action in Level 0

John Mandrake: "Raithar" the Warrior 2 / Metallurgist [+3 Off/+3 Def, +1 Hits, Basic Armor Skills, Craft Iron Bar] Offense 11 / Defense 10 / Hits 11 of 11
    Equipped: Wooden Spear (+3 Offense), Wooden Shield (+2 Defense)
    (no unused experience)

Intocabille_CZ: "Pace" the Miner / Metallurgist [Gather Stone Block, Craft Iron Bar] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 10 of 10
    Equipped: 2 bacon

BrimStone: "Guy the Intrepid" the Warrior / Mystic [+2 Off/+2 Def, Calm] Offense 10 / Defense 7 / Hits 10 of 10
    Equipped: Wooden Staff (+3 Offense), bacon

Zones:

As always, let me know if any corrections are required.
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:55 am

0beron wrote:Easiest to do? Yeah pretty much. Most common? No. With what, 10 players? It's hard for a scout to be the one revealing. I'm not necessarily saying it needs to be changed...but their tree is probably the only one that can be screwed over by the actions of others. Which explains why neither of them have leveled yet.
Zone-revealing XP can be shared - if 3 scouts move into a new zone, they all get full XP. Zone fog-of-war returns faster, so if you think of 'concealed zone' as a resource, it gets replenished faster than any other, as long as players stay out of the zone.

In a total of 13 turns, 4 zones have been revealed, and maybe 1 or 2 fog-of-war zones cleared. Scouts aren't leveling because the XP system is broken - they're not leveling because they're not scouting. :D
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games