balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 067

Postby arkerpay » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Finally!

Hoisted on her own petard.
arkerpay

Postby Whispri » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:16 pm

No one gloat, this isn't over yet, she may still be sold to Charlie or something.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Oh snap.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Denar » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:03 pm

Guys, something's wrong with the homepage - I keep reloading it but Book 2 - Page 110 seems to be gone? And instead I'm seeing some text?

:P I only tease.
Denar

Postby Biostar » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:11 pm

I can't help but snicker at the irony of Branch's accusations. For better or worse, she is right.

Banhammer must have saw something conspiratorial.
Biostar
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby splintermute » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:17 pm

When did Wanda change from her kimono back into her 5th Element outfit?
splintermute

Postby Aquillion » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Biostar wrote:I can't help but snicker at the irony of Branch's accusations. For better or worse, she is right.
I was just going to say that, yeah. Presumably she doesn't have an actual Prediction that Wanda will be the doom of Faq, or she'd say so.
Aquillion

Postby Lipkin » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:51 pm

splintermute wrote:When did Wanda change from her kimono back into her 5th Element outfit?

An excellent question.

I would like to see more from Brother Labeler. Maybe we could get a better idea of what a Signamancer does.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby LordAcme » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Short, but welcome and very,VERY sweet. Hope you can do updates like this as often as you can Rob.
LordAcme
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Wordomancer » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Loj has had some great ending lines recently, hasn't he?

No way Olive's taking it. But also no way she's going to be able to weasel out of it on her own. Excellent setup by Wanda.
"Any time you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
S. L. Clemens
Wordomancer

Postby BrotherRool » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:01 pm

If she turns, that doesn't necessarily mean she'll have high Loyalty right? In fact as a turned unit it'd probably be very low. I think she might take the deal. On the one hand, it would stretch the story out a lot more, but on the other hand it would be a big shock and give her defence a huge boost. And she's Olive, scheming under the flag of peace suits her fine.

But if she doesn't I bet she's going to be able to make up a pretty impressive argument for why not.
BrotherRool

Postby MonteCristo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:13 pm

BrotherRool wrote:If she turns, that doesn't necessarily mean she'll have high Loyalty right? In fact as a turned unit it'd probably be very low. I think she might take the deal. On the one hand, it would stretch the story out a lot more, but on the other hand it would be a big shock and give her defence a huge boost. And she's Olive, scheming under the flag of peace suits her fine.

True, but she'd be giving up A LOT. She would loose EVERYTHING she built over the course of thousands of turns and would be stuck being just a common caster... That is why this call on her carries such heavy implications for her.

Wordomancer wrote:Loj has had some great ending lines recently, hasn't he?

No way Olive's taking it. But also no way she's going to be able to weasel out of it on her own. Excellent setup by Wanda.

I wouldn't say that... i think Olive might get out by pleading for the lives of haffaton's units. If she turns then the units in the field would disband. The only counter to this would be if its possible for a ruler to give units and cities to another side instantly; in which case wanda could call on Olive to force her units to turn to Faq AND give Faq all of her cities, before turning herself, as proof of her "loyalty"
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sir_Dr_D » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:20 pm

Finally. Something new to discuss.

Good update. Olive almost swayed me with that speech. We can actually learn a lot from listening to her.

Good image too, with lots of details. You can defiantly tell that the room was maintained by a florist.

Also do we really need images on the text updates, or go back to guests, or the new artist submitting pictures for them. If Xin doesn't have the time to deal with everything, the text images could go. I would rather see her focus on what is important, the main comic. This would give Rob the opportunity to produce more text updates as well, for bother the main comic, and the Inner Peace.
Sir_Dr_D
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:24 pm

The obvious excuse here is that if she turns it will disband, among other people, Orwell. Even the units in neutral cities will be trivial to kill and murder when frozen. And everyone will scramble for the cities if they go neutral. It will be a blood bath. The only way Olive can turn is if FAQ takes control of all of Haffaton's holdings. Which quite frankly can only be defended by Olive's power and evil garden.

So it seems like good trap, but she should be able to slip out of it.
Lamech

Postby 0beron » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Lamech wrote:The obvious excuse here is that if she turns it will disband, among other people, Orwell. Even the units in neutral cities will be trivial to kill and murder when frozen.

Ah good point. I believe that Orwell turned back though? Even so, it would be a compelling argument...if she knew about FAQ's inequality. Don't forget that the Court was prepared to leave everyone but the Casters to die. I'd hazard a guess that (being unit's who's sole purpose IS combat, unlike casters) all the basic infantry are acceptable losses that have no place in the world anyway.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Aster Azul » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Bloody intense! I'm nervous to see how this will turn against our heroes.
Like our new game, King's Ascent!
https://www.facebook.com/KingsAscent
Aster Azul

Postby Somna » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:59 pm

0beron wrote:
Lamech wrote:The obvious excuse here is that if she turns it will disband, among other people, Orwell. Even the units in neutral cities will be trivial to kill and murder when frozen.

Ah good point. I believe that Orwell turned back though? Even so, it would be a compelling argument...if she knew about FAQ's inequality. Don't forget that the Court was prepared to leave everyone but the Casters to die. I'd hazard a guess that (being unit's who's sole purpose IS combat, unlike casters) all the basic infantry are acceptable losses that have no place in the world anyway.

I'm pretty sure Orwell's the one in the image with the manacles in front, sitting down. So I doubt he turned back.
Somna

Postby Gildomar » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Great update! Even though Wanda did a great job on calling on Olive's claim, I have no doubt that Olive has something up her sleeve in regards to it.

Also, is anyone else suspicious about all the greenery in the background? I know that Jillian is ready to croak her at a moment's notice if she even suspects that Olive is doing something shifty, but for all that she is at FAQ's mercy right now, I believe it is still Haffaton's turn, in their capital, and in a garden with a very high level Florist. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Gildomar

Postby drachefly » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:46 pm

I wonder just how many living, upkeep-needing, moral-weight-bearing units Haffaton has? An ordinary number for a side, but stretched thin... or actually fewer than usual?

Anyway, what happens next really depends on rules we don't know, in the obvious ways, so I'm just going to wait for it to happen.
drachefly

Next

Return to Reactions