Is Erfworld website security compromised?

Something not look right? Please explain in detail.

Is Erfworld website security compromised?

Postby alowe » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Erfworld,

Erm, last week I visited your website (and OOTS) and got a virus. Nearly lost everything and was a nightmare to remove.

This week I got the same virus so now I know it has to be either OOTS or EW it's coming from.

I understand that not long ago the OOTS (or was it EW?) website was hacked into for a short time. It seems that whatever got in hasn't all been removed (or it invited in other stuff that hasn't been noticed).

I wish I could protect my computer but I use the library to connect to the internet (my home computer is not connected). I haven't been able to find a virus checker that works without connection to the internet. Have tried AVG, Norton and MS Security Essentials. Paying a monthly fee just to install a virus checker to protect your computer from what that same fee is paying for seems to me to be perverse. Our library's AVG license ran out a month ago and they're taking their sweet time renewing it.

Have posted the same on OOTS website.
alowe

Re: Is Erfworld website security compromised?

Postby alowe » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:47 pm

If you'd like to see an ego contest between testosterone (and probably genetically) challenged men then follow this thread on OOTS:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287382

Otherwise I didn't really get any help with this and don't know where the viruses came from. At least for now it's under control.
alowe

Return to Bug Reports