Equilateratoria

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Equilateratoria

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:37 pm

0beron wrote:Ok, a lil bummed I can't get the free action XP since it's our specialty, but it's still a nice improvement so I feel on par with everyone else now in terms of being able to do my job.
Stonemasons, etc. don't get XP using their free actions building and such, so it wouldn't be fair to make scouts an exception. The reference has been updated, so this change is official.

Note that Hyde will still fail this automatically successful action 2 out of every 3 attempts.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:44 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Stonemasons, etc. don't get XP using their free actions building and such.

Ah I didn't realize that, I never paid much attention to how precisely their stuff works.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:08 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Note that Hyde will still fail this automatically successful action 2 out of every 3 attempts.

I'm OK with that as it keeps Hyde's reputation intact. :lol:
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:01 pm

So, quick summary of where we are, so that you don't need to reread through 2-3 pages. Let me know what corrections are required.

Rule Changes
Forage : Acts as an Eat action, but does not require any food resource. Satisfies the requirement to eat each turn. Restores 1 Hit each use. Can be used in place of the free eat action. Cannot be used while in combat.

Corrections
Raithar has 4 combat actions (missing in player section)
Texas has +1 combat action (pig from Turn 2-3)
Jordan has 1 Banked Action
Texas has 1 Banked Action

Characters with 2 Military Skills
0beron : "Arthemy" - Scout
ETheBoyce : "Texas" the Warrior 2 / Scout * CHOOSE
BrimStone: "Guy the Intrepid" - Warrior

Characters with 2 Non-Military Skills
WhirdCheese : "George" the Leatherworker / Farmer 2 * CHOOSE
Swodaems : "Dod" the Miner 2 / Stonemason 2 * CHOOSE
turbler: "Jordan" the Leatherworker / Shepherd 0 * CHOOSE
Intocabille_CZ: "Pace" the Miner / Metallurgist * CHOOSE

Declared Actions
WhirdCheese (George) : {in B2} * PENDING, (free) eat
0beron (Arthemy) : {in B1} Move E {to B2} (1 action), Banks 1 action, (free) forage, Equip bacon (max), Move S {to C2} (2 actions)
LTDave (Eric) : {in B2} Move S {to C2} (3 action), Bank 1 action, (free) eat
ETheBoyce (Texas) : {in B2} (free) forage, Equip bacon (max), Move S {to C2} (3 action), Attack Orb (2 actions - using 1 banked)
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : {in B2} (free) forage, Equip bacon (max), Move S {to C2} (3 action), Attack Orb 3 (2 actions - using 1 banked)
Swodaems (Dod) : {in B2} * PENDING, (free) eat
turbler (Jordan) : {in B1} [Default] Gather wood (4 actions), (free) Gather wood, (free) eat
John Mandrake (Raithar) : {in B2} * PENDING, (free) eat
Intocabille_CZ (Pace) : {in B2} (free) eat, Move S {to C2} (3 action), Bank 1 action
BrimStone (Guy the Intrepid) : {in B2} (free) eat, Move S {to C2} (3 action), Attack Orb / Bank 1 action

(Edit: Updated Arthemy.)
Last edited by MarbitChow on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:04 pm

MarbitChow wrote:0beron : "Arthemy" the Mystic 2 / Scout * CHOOSE
0beron (Arthemy) : {in B1} Move E {to B2} (1 action), Banks 1 action, (free) forage, Equip bacon (max)

I'm going to be Calming in combat so I don't think I'll get any combat XP, but any I do get goes into Scout.
I'm using two actions to begin moving South also.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BrimStone » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:21 pm

One edit, if there is a bacon still in the zone I am going to get a bacon to take for the road as well.
BrimStone

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:34 pm

George sees if he can Shepard a pig north and takes two bacon (put in granary)
WhirdCheese

Postby Swodaems » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Any combat exp Dod gets will go towards increasing his mining.

We're going to need to bring in food.
Dod uses free-build to place the last stone on this side of the road, spends 2 actions cleaning out his cart to prep it for food transport and spends another 2 gathering shrooms.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Swodaems wrote:Dod uses free-build to place the last stone on this side of the road, spends 2 actions cleaning out his cart to prep it for food transport and spends another 2 gathering shrooms.
Carts aren't safe for food. You'll need to sanitize it at the pool before it can safely do so.

WhirdCheese wrote:George sees if he can Shepard a pig north and takes two bacon (put in granary)
The exits from the zone you're in are East, West, and South.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm fine with my class choices, also is the Forage xp change retroactive?

Also Warrior to the max! I can get Scout XP by Scouting, so combat XP to Warrior!
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 pm

George goes to the home zone putting the bacon in the granary.
WhirdCheese

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:is the Forage xp change retroactive?
Absolutely. However, since you couldn't previously use forage except during your free action, and free actions don't earn XP... well, I think you see where I'm going with this.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:23 am

OOC Question Marbit, as we seem to have a dichotomy of players moving in and attacking and also players moving in and banking an action. To my thinking the players moving in and attacking will trigger attacks on those players trying to bank an action, since the orbs attacked Hyde even though he hadn't attacked them (given he was building in their territory). Will those attacks (or even just the presence of enemy orbs) cause the banked action to fail as per building actions, gathering actions, eating actions etc ?

Also given that Hyde and Texas are using a banked action to get 2 attacks does this mean they will get an extra attack compared to the orbs, since that is what your example of the surprise attacks seemed to suggest, that if it takes 3 to cross then combat happens on the 4th action...but it just so happens that Hyde and Texas will have a 5th ? /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Intocabille_CZ » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:52 am

Oh yeah... if I get attacked, I will respong with shifting the banked action into one blow back I guess. I will beat them with power of bacon in my hands...

Kinda lost there... how many of us are actually going there?
Intocabille_CZ

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:54 am

Werebiscuit wrote:OOC Question Marbit, as we seem to have a dichotomy of players moving in and attacking and also players moving in and banking an action. To my thinking the players moving in and attacking will trigger attacks on those players trying to bank an action, since the orbs attacked Hyde even though he hadn't attacked them (given he was building in their territory). Will those attacks (or even just the presence of enemy orbs) cause the banked action to fail as per building actions, gathering actions, eating actions etc ?
Banking an action isn't really an action. It's just 'don't do anything for 1 action', and that 1 skipped action automatically carries over to next turn.It can't fail.

Werebiscuit wrote:Also given that Hyde and Texas are using a banked action to get 2 attacks does this mean they will get an extra attack compared to the orbs, since that is what your example of the surprise attacks seemed to suggest, that if it takes 3 to cross then combat happens on the 4th action...but it just so happens that Hyde and Texas will have a 5th ? /OOC
Yes. Using a banked action is similar to using a free action - it increases the total number of actions you get during the round. It's the exception to my comment earlier that you can't get more than 1 round of attacks against another side.

Intocabille_CZ wrote:Oh yeah... if I get attacked, I will respong with shifting the banked action into one blow back I guess. I will beat them with power of bacon in my hands...
Kinda lost there... how many of us are actually going there?
Noted. It looks like just about everyone except George and Jordan is entering the zone.
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:09 am

MarbitChow wrote:
Swodaems wrote:Dod uses free-build to place the last stone on this side of the road, spends 2 actions cleaning out his cart to prep it for food transport and spends another 2 gathering shrooms.
Carts aren't safe for food. You'll need to sanitize it at the pool before it can safely do so.

Okay. Dod free builds final stone in south road, moves south with his cart, and banks action.
Swodaems

Postby John Mandrake » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:52 pm

I will move south and bank an action!
John Mandrake

Postby Intocabille_CZ » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:42 am

Choosing XP... Miner. I guess the sooner I can mine ore and do other miner-ty stuff the better.
Intocabille_CZ

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:32 am

Intocabille_CZ wrote:Choosing XP... Miner. I guess the sooner I can mine ore and do other miner-ty stuff the better.
Note that miner is significantly easier to raise than metallurgist (assuming C2 becomes miner-friendly), and your team already has 2 miners.
MarbitChow

Postby Intocabille_CZ » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:47 am

MarbitChow wrote:
Intocabille_CZ wrote:Choosing XP... Miner. I guess the sooner I can mine ore and do other miner-ty stuff the better.
Note that miner is significantly easier to raise than metallurgist (assuming C2 becomes miner-friendly), and your team already has 2 miners.

Was thinking along the lines that the sooner I can mine ore, the sooner I can start training the metallurgist, with the ore mined out, which would possibly also count as um.. higher level XP, if I got the concept right. And that I won't get all that much XP in the fight all together... but then again, a headstart in the metallurgist would be probably better.

Alright then... um.. then change it to the Metallurgist, please. Thanks and sorry for the hassle. Yeah, metallurgist, final word. No need for calling friend over phone or 50-50 chance... :-)
Intocabille_CZ

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games