Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Postby 0beron » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Intro!
Alrighty, so an increase in my free time, and the recent surge of player interest has motivated me to open up my own game using the Current Rules, Beta 2.0.
Background!
For Turns untold, the land of Erfworld was teeming with life and energy. Countless sides rose, battled, and fell, leaving a constantly changing landscape of political alliances. Ages passed in this ebb and flow of violence, until a stronger tide pulled the land. One mighty kingdom emerged as a leader, unifying it's former enemies under a single banner. Any who resisted their offer of peaceful alliance were crushed without hesitation.

Until one dark day, when while out on a hunting trip, the great King was slain. As his side was rich and prosperous from their long peace, there was of course an Heir in waiting. But the Prince did not share his father's ideals, and immediately struck out against their neighbors. Aided by the element of surprise and powerful casters, he quickly crushed all who stood in his path, until much of the known Erf lay under his command.

The Titans however were displeased by this turn of events, and saw fit to rain down their wrath upon the land, leaving desolation in their wake. The land was scarred and broken, but in time new sides would spawn and return things to the natural order.

Rules Stuff!
This version of the game will introduce a new terrain type, with some (as yet undiscovered) mechanics to go with it; Wrathland.

This thread is now to be used for rules discussion or general OOC banter. Spectators are welcome to ask questions. Rules Errata, Side Stats, and Creature Compendium found here.
Last edited by 0beron on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Re: Desolation of the Titans (Signup)

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:45 pm

I'll pull up a side.
WhirdCheese

Postby Kaed » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Christ o.o

So many of my game. I wanna join them all.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:26 pm

If I don't get in here I'll be starting one up.
WhirdCheese

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:56 pm

I'd be interested, though I'm in Sir Shadow's game as of now, so I don't mind being behind other people who aren't in a game already.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Two questions: Special D units start out with the heavy tag, does this prevent them from taking the Heavy Upgrade?

For Battlecrap, does the unit need to be flying?
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:01 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:Two questions: Special D units start out with the heavy tag, does this prevent them from taking the Heavy Upgrade?
That is correct.
ETheBoyce wrote:For Battlecrap, does the unit need to be flying?
Sort of. To have Battlecrap, they must be Flying (and the bonus only applies while they are attacking from above). A unit who has Burrowing instead can have the same bonus, when attacking from below....we'll call it....Footbiter. Aaaaand....a unit with Sonic breath could get the same bonus while on the ground and facing other grounded units...call it Earthshaker.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:40 pm

I guess I should have asked about the cost of flying and the ranged/flying combo, but my side is otherwise ready

Side Name: Tenton
Colors: Red, Black, and Blue
Leader Name: Overlord Schwartz
Preferred Terrain: Plains
Caster Preference: Dollamancer, Dirtamancer
Caster Non-Preference: Croakamancer, Turnamancer
Side Bonus: +2 to all units

Side Flavor- Bigger is better, stronger is better, and Tenton is bigger and stronger than your puny side! Just look at your units, they are so small! Now look at Tenton, see the difference!? Overlord Schwatz and crew are going to pump you up, or beat you up...or beat you up!

Units

Stabber- Crushers (8/6/2/5) Crushers actually use two-handed swords, but the size of them are such that they are more like bludgeoning instruments rater than cutting blades

Piker- Whompers (10/4/5/5 Garrison) Whompers fight with hammers of ridiculous size, they pack a punch but are unwieldy their armor further slows them down but keeps them well protected

Archer- Compos (5/11/0/5 Ranged, Garrison) Compos are small in body, but huge in arm from all their...target practice. Which is good because they wield bows as tall as they are, which they us to devastating effect

Scout- Discus (3/2/0/20 Scout, Flying) These stone creatures are hurled can maintain the force with which they are thrown indefinitely

Knight- Brawler (13/9/8/5 Rider, Siege) Weapons are for the weak! The Brawler fights with his fists,feet, and forehead and punches with such force that walls crumble beneath their blows

Special A- Treadmare (20/5/5/12 Heavy, Mount, Speed Boost, Beast) An unusual mount the Treadmare is a meaty beast that can provide both transportation and a workout for up to 3 units

Special B- Wingman (13/8/5/12 Heavy, Speed Boost, Flying, Ranged, Knight) Nothing annoys Tenton units more than not being able to reach someone to clobber them, the Wingman helps them out by being able to deal with those annoying guys

Special C- Personal Trainer (17/10/6/10 Heavy, Speed Boost, Leadership, Dance fighting, Fabrication, Ranged, Knight) The strongest units always need someone to keep them at the top of their game, and filling that need is the Personal Trainer capable of jazzercising a unit to its full potential and making sure the units under its care have everything they need to succeed

Special D- Atlast (22/12/10/19 Heavy, Sonic Attack (Siege), Speed Boost+, Toxin, Earthshaker) A Brawler on steroids an Atlast's hits so hard that their fists break the sound barrier, your bones, and even the very earth itself
Last edited by ETheBoyce on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
ETheBoyce

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Hehe, gee boyce, do you just have like a set of spare army lists in case a game ever opens up just waiting for you? :P
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Nope, I just find creating things like this to be easy especially once I settle on an easy concept
ETheBoyce

Postby Sir Shadow » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Mmm, I'm tempted to apply, since I've never actually been a player in one of these games <_<;
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Going with a group of Diplomats. They get a yes. At the end of a sword if necessary. They are allied with everyone. And never attack without provocation.
WhirdCheese

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:58 am

Been semi-lurking, hoping for something like this to pop up

Let me know if you have any questions

Side Name: Whoyagonnacall (Whoya for short)
Colors: red, white, black
Ruler Name: King Egon the Conqueror
Preferred Terrain: Mountain
Caster Preference: pro: Predictamancer, Turnamancer
con: Dirtamancer, Dollamancer
Flavor: Aegon Targaryan meets the Ghostbusters
Side bonus: +2 custom points

Full Unit Stats:
Stabber - (5/6/4/5) (30)
Stabbers are simple infantry comfortable on attack or defense.

Piker "Ghost" - (7/2/9/5/garrison) (20)
Armed with massive white shields adorned with a single red slash, King Egon's Ghosts have a proud history of standing in front of other troops and absorbing arrows. They are popped as garrison units, meaning that they start with no move, they can be upgraded to field units for 50 schmuckers. This raises their upkeep to 30.

Archer "Buster" - (5/11/0/5/garrison, ranged) (30)
Busters are armed with high tech crossbows, powered by a lightning charged backpack. They are popped as garrison units but can be upgraded for 50 schmuckers, raising their upkeep to 40.

Scout "Slime" - (3/0/0/22/ flight, scout) (30)
Floating blobs of green goo, Slimes are usually kept out in the field so as to avoid nauseating other units. They also have the “scout” special which give them very limited thinkamancy.

Knight "Ecto"- (10/11/11/5/rider)(90+10)
Ectos are knight-class infantry. They hit hard and fast but are not as hardy as similarly classed units. They are rarely seen other than mounted on their signature stony hounds.

Special Units
Special A "Terror" - (13/5/8/18/heavy, mount, speed x2) (60+10)
Terrors are massive hounds with skin as hard as stone. They make fearsome guard dogs and surprisingly fast mounts for King Egon's knights.

Special B "Puff" - (13/14/5/6/heavy) (60+10)
The fluffy white stuff of nightmares, Puffs are the lumbering hammer of King Egon's ground forces.

Special C "Drake"- (17/6/13/16/heavy, flying, mount, speedx2) (120+20)
Weaker cousins of King Egon's prized Dwagons, drakes are usually used as flying mounts to provide leadership to stacks of reds.

Special D "Red Dwagon"- (19/16/12/19/heavy, flight, speed+, fire breath, siege) (300+50)
The pride of King Egon's forces and the source of his power. Fast, strong in attack and defense, equally adept at assaulting troops and cities, Red Dwagons are among the most powerful units on Erf.
Last edited by GWvsJohn on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Sorry GW, Builder and Surveyor are not stackable specials.
I haven't checked math yet for either side, I'll do that shortly and give detailed feedback.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:08 pm

0beron wrote:Sorry GW, Builder and Surveyor are not stackable specials.
I haven't checked math yet for either side, I'll do that shortly and give detailed feedback.

No worries. I'll have to redo my B special then :)

I also took heavy on my D which I guess is not allowed and didn't take mount, so ill need to fix that up a bit as well.

As an aside, if anyone has a "better" way to make a Dwagon, I'm all ears.
GWvsJohn

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:43 pm

That looks like quite an effective way to make a dwagon. Battlecrap might be more effective (though more situational) than sonic breath though. Against grounded units it would give a higher bonus, but against other fliers it would be weaker. And it would also lack siege (Though we have seen battlecrap act as siege in the comic, I don't think that is included in these rules)
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm having a terrible time getting my side to come out nicely. I like the overall idea I have in my head, but it isn't translating onto paper very well. May need to sleep on it.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:That looks like quite an effective way to make a dwagon. Battlecrap might be more effective (though more situational) than sonic breath though. Against grounded units it would give a higher bonus, but against other fliers it would be weaker. And it would also lack siege (Though we have seen battlecrap act as siege in the comic, I don't think that is included in these rules)

I had sort if glossed over battle crap since I don't really like the yellows in the comic but that's a strong ability, and non-D too. I'm thinking of shifting the Puffs to my special B then making my C be a weaker yellow Dwagon to serve as a flying mount and keep the D as an unmounted purple powerhouse. I like sonic on them as I intend them to be my primary siege unit.

edit: damn, points disappear fast!
GWvsJohn

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:05 pm

If Sir Shadow wants to join, I withdraw my entry.
WhirdCheese

Postby Sir Shadow » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:41 pm

<_<; any particular reason why?
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Next

Return to Your Games