Book 2 – Page 111

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 111

Postby balder » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:15 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 111

Postby kiyote » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:19 pm

Is it just me, or is the art a little different in this one?
kiyote
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Urf » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:27 pm

I think she's just getting more comfortable with everything, and the art is altering with time. It's all good, and a very human process.

This all feels anticlimactic. There's another shoe to drop.
Urf

Postby madmaw » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:29 pm

A...genius thing? Involving Sizemore? The only thing I can think of is rebuilding the city, but I don't see what that has to do with the casters' bodies.
madmaw
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby DSMK2 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:31 pm

I'm getting the strongest feeling that what comes next may reveal what kind of caster Parson is. I sense he may link up with Sizemore and do something worthy of Book 2's finale.
DSMK2

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Buries everyone?

Could they hire a hippymancer/healomancer and just raise everyone instead of decrypting them? Link them to Wanda?
WhirdCheese

Postby Urf » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:32 pm

A monument, to those lost.

Parson's playing politics, and intends to turn the world against Chuckles.
Urf

Postby LordBiscuit » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:34 pm

"I've known forever" :o
She knew what? That she'll decrypt a caster? Raise a caster? Specifically Jack? Who predicted it? Did she know her attuned arkentool will let her do decryption? How? So many question come with these three words!
Damn, what a brilliant page.
Last edited by LordBiscuit on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordBiscuit
Tool + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Starwaster » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:35 pm

DSMK2 wrote:I'm getting the strongest feeling that what comes next may reveal what kind of caster Parson is. I sense he may link up with Sizemore and do something worthy of Book 2's finale.

Oh hooooo... I think you're right. There's definitely nothing he could have Sizemore do on his own that would be at all relevant to delaying Wanda's task... But I'm not sure what relevance Dirtamancy would have.

Anyway I'm calling this now. Four way linkup. Coming up next. (I mean really, a four way linkup was SOOO Chekov'ed way back when)
Starwaster

Postby LordBiscuit » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:37 pm

Starwaster wrote:
DSMK2 wrote:I'm getting the strongest feeling that what comes next may reveal what kind of caster Parson is. I sense he may link up with Sizemore and do something worthy of Book 2's finale.

Oh hooooo... I think you're right. There's definitely nothing he could have Sizemore do on his own that would be at all relevant to delaying Wanda's task... But I'm not sure what relevance Dirtamancy would have.

Anyway I'm calling this now. Four way linkup. Coming up next. (I mean really, a four way linkup was SOOO Chekov'ed way back when)

I don't think a fourlink is gonna happen now. It's just too much to give Gobwin Knob on top of two Arkentools and Parson's mind.
I think only Charlie will be able to do fourliks, to even the odds a little.
Strikes me as a better story.
LordBiscuit

Postby Urf » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Sizemore-Maggie-Ace Link, build an anti-G-string fortification around Spacerock. It should be strong enough to keep out Charlie and the TGMTTA.
Urf

Postby Pebot » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:49 pm

nice
Last edited by Pebot on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pebot

Postby danhaas » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:51 pm

Urf wrote:Sizemore-Maggie-Ace Link, build an anti-G-string fortification around Spacerock. It should be strong enough to keep out Charlie and the TGMTTA.

Nice idea, but that could be done after the mass decrypting.

A graveyard also seems interesting, but I don't think Parson would abandon the chance to have two more casters for GK.
danhaas

Postby Sixty » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:53 pm

Surprised no one has mentioned how they're gonna get Ace now after everyone was so pumped for it and then thought it was lost.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir_Dr_D » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Removing Parson's helmet at this point was a nice touch. It humanized him at a time when it was important.
What this genius plan is - no idea. But I don't think it would involve a link-up. Those will start getting old.

So five decryptable warlords. So we we get back:

Artemis
Count Downer

Anyone else that we know?
Sir_Dr_D
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby joosy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:57 pm

Some questions about portals have been answered at least.

Now I know that portals are tied to specific city sites not to sides. Otherwise the GK Portal would have disappeared and re-appeared in the same place. Of course, I should have known that when Jetstone's Portal didn't re-appear in the same spot.

Book 2 appears to be winding up except for the denouement - I expect a few visits to Faq and Transylvito before this is over as well as an ominous fade out on a shadowy figure at Charlescomm.

I like the tapestry of Jack on the wall (sniff), and the Time Out spell where everyone fighting is frozen in place.
Last edited by joosy on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
joosy

Postby Knight13 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 am

I have to give Antium some serious props here. No means of escape, seconds from croaking, and what's he doing? Comforting his two remaining soldiers.
Knight13

Postby Lilwik » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:04 am

Urf wrote:Parson's playing politics, and intends to turn the world against Chuckles.
You must be right. If all Parson wanted was to resume the war as usual then there'd be no reason to delay decryption. There's no choice but to conclude that he has something special in mind, something I can't even begin to guess at, and Charlie seems like the only target on Parson's radar. Of course there is no way to attack Charlie physically from Spacerock, so it must be a diplomatic attack.

But how is a diplomatic attack possible and what does it have to do with the croaked bodies? That doesn't seem to make any sense. It makes more sense that Parson has some special magic in mind involving an alternative to decryption, like a Dirtamancer-Croakamancer linked decryption. Except I can't imagine what Dirtamancy could add to decryption when decryption seems like a perfect technique. That leaves the only option that Parson wants Sizemore to build something that somehow uses the croaked bodies, or something that would dust the units if they were decrypted before it happened.

Another possibility is that there is some specific unit that Parson doesn't want to be decrypted. Who could that be?

It's very frustrating, but I can't imagine anything better than immediately decrypting everyone. I don't think Parson was exaggerating when he called his idea genius. Trying to figure this out is going to drive me crazy.
Lilwik

Postby Solessin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 am

To save anyone having to ask:

P.A.S.S. is the technique for fire extinguisher use. Pull the pin, Aim at the base, Squeeze the lever, Sweep from side to side.

Triodide (Trifluoroiodomethane) and Agronite are brand names for chemicals used in different fire suppression systems. The chemical compounds Inergen and Halon (a reference to either Halomethane or Halon 2402) are also used for the same purpose. Freon was used as a refrigerant until being banned once chlorofluorocarbons were implicated in ozone depletion.

Yay for growing up with a physicist as a father.
O Muse!
Sing in me, and through me tell the story
Of that man skilled in all the ways of contending,
A wanderer, harried for years on end...
Solessin

Postby Goshen » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:08 am

Sixty wrote:Surprised no one has mentioned how they're gonna get Ace now after everyone was so pumped for it and then thought it was lost.

I, for one, am quite jazzed. I just hope he can still cast. I expect he will, because he and Jack would be a lot less interesting, otherwise.
Goshen

Next

Return to Reactions