Book 2 – Page 111

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 111

Postby Jallorn » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:59 am

╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ wrote:Is it me or did Parson's bravery just altered his signamancy?

I came here to find the answer to this question myself. He looks nobler to me.
Jallorn

Postby Somna » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:02 am

Linkup does sound possible, since it sounds like he wants to try something non-standard, and that would be the easiest way to do it. I have a feeling that he may want to three-way link himself with Sizemore and Maggie to expand his senses as well, or use Thinkamancy senses as explained in Text update 38 to see if he can't break a few rules directly himself.

But if Wanda was actually Predicted to bring a caster back and they succeed in their goal with the tri-link, that might doom Maggie or Sizemore, so I don't know how I feel about it.

And if Ace was alive, the city couldn't have turned to Gobwin Knob. Remember that Casters are Commanders and Cubbins being knocked out was the only reason why it didn't switch earlier. So Ace is dead.
Somna

Postby zbeeblebrox » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:10 am

Someone earlier mentioned that Parson's idea might be a diplomatic attack against Charlie, but couldn't think of what that would entail. Here's one: find your enemy's allies, and do something that makes them your allies. In other words: steal their friends. So how would Parson do this? Well what if he has Wanda decrypt the bodies in such a way that they go back to being Jetstone citizens - thus prisoners - and then graciously offer to give them back to Jetstone in return for allying with their side.

Now, how having Wanda link with a diramancer will do that, I have no idea. It's only one possibility after all.
Last edited by zbeeblebrox on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The rumors which surround me are myriad, you know. Myth and legend, wild speculation, paranoid suspicions..."
- Charlie, in reference to the forum members
zbeeblebrox

Postby Squall83 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:11 am

Well, if decrypted caster can cast, then I guess Rob just fulfilled the wish of many many fans who wanted Ace to create tanks and lightswords and stuff. :D
Squall83

Postby Mogster2 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:14 am

A Decrypted Jack, loyal solely to Wanda? Jillian will NOT be happy about that.
Mogster2

Postby Lilwik » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:16 am

zbeeblebrox wrote:Well what if he has Wanda decrypt the bodies in such a way that they go back to being Jetstone citizens - thus prisoners - and then graciously offer to give them back to Jetstone in return for allying with their side.
There's no trick to that. We've already seen that decrypted can turn by their own choice, so I have no doubt that they would turn if ordered to turn. On the other hand Jetstone might not feel like trusting decrypted units.
Lilwik

Postby Lipkin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:19 am

Mogster2 wrote:A Decrypted Jack, loyal solely to Wanda? Jillian will NOT be happy about that.

It's frankly a terrifying prospect. I expect he'll become a much darker character.

Honestly, it's only a matter of time before Wanda's loyalty wavers once more, and when she does, Jack is going to be a powerful weapon against both Parson and Jillian.

All decrypted units so far have had their signamancy change appropriately. Imagine Jack using foolamancy to change his and make a fake defection. Don't know if that would work, but it would be a terrible stab at Jillian if he did.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby zbeeblebrox » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:23 am

Lilwik wrote:
zbeeblebrox wrote:Well what if he has Wanda decrypt the bodies in such a way that they go back to being Jetstone citizens - thus prisoners - and then graciously offer to give them back to Jetstone in return for allying with their side.
There's no trick to that. We've already seen that decrypted can turn by their own choice, so I have no doubt that they would turn if ordered to turn. On the other hand Jetstone might not feel like trusting decrypted units.

Well, there honestly isn't a trick to any of the suggestions people have made so far. But even so, if this doesn't hurt Charlie's plans and/or reputation, I'll eat my hat.
"The rumors which surround me are myriad, you know. Myth and legend, wild speculation, paranoid suspicions..."
- Charlie, in reference to the forum members
zbeeblebrox

Postby Mirage_GSM » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:28 am

Honestly, it's only a matter of time before Wanda's loyalty wavers once more, and when she does, Jack is going to be a powerful weapon against both Parson and Jillian.

First of all Jack seems to have been more loyal to Wanda than to JIllian for some time.
Second I don't think Wanda is going to turn against Parson. She does believe he is fated to do... great things.
Third, I hope it won't be more than two weeks again till the next update...
Mirage_GSM
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:30 am

Mirage_GSM wrote:

First of all Jack seems to have been more loyal to Wanda than to JIllian for some time.
Second I don't think Wanda is going to turn against Parson. She does believe he is fated to do... great things.

We don't know Jack's motives for not turning.I doubt it had much to do with Wanda, unless he too knew he was fated to be raised by her.
Lipkin

Postby slb » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:31 am

I love how the red dwagons give an annoyed look at Sizemore in the last panel, they sure were enjoying their cozy fire :)

I will really miss Xin's wonderful art and taste for this kind of small details.
slb
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby elecampane » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:32 am

It looks like our predictamancer in glasses and brown jacket is back on the second panel. He was last seen on page 90, and was absent on page 94 even though he should be there, so some people speculated that he might be involved in some trick Jack had devised, but I guess now we can say that's not the case.
elecampane

Postby Jeivar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:52 am

Parson would score big points with me if his "genius" plan is to just let the fallen enemies stay dead rather than turn them against their own people, and have Sizemore build some sort of monument. He clearly has never been happy about Wanda's love of decrypting.
Jeivar

Postby Aster Azul » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:55 am

So intense. Can't wait to see what happens with Parson's decrypt plan...
Like our new game, King's Ascent!
https://www.facebook.com/KingsAscent
Aster Azul

Postby ManaCaster » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:01 am

Lipkin wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:

We don't know Jack's motives for not turning.I doubt it had much to do with Wanda, unless he too knew he was fated to be raised by her.

Actually, we do know his motives. Jack has a strong crush on Jill. Jillian considers him a good friend, but his crush is completely unrequited. Jack has hinted that it hurts too much for him to be near her as a result. The other reason, of course, Jack has said straight out: He enjoys talking with Parson about "lateral thinking".

I'm wondering. When Wanda says that she's "always known", does she mean this was Predicted/Intuited, or that she's just super excited to finally decrypt a caster, especially one she finds obnoxious.
ManaCaster

Postby Sir. Knowsalot » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:29 am

Even if she decrypts Jack, I doubt he'll turn into some mindless puppet. It just wouldn't fit with his character. All of the characters decrypted so far were very single minded, save perhaps Antium and he has already questioned her. I'm curios to see how someone like Jack will react to being decrypted. Especially considering that he will know exactly why he feels the way he does, and he's already expressed contempt for Wanda's whole "it's my destiny" crap.

It could also lead to the question of what will happen should, Titans forbid, Parson ever be decrypted.
Sir. Knowsalot

Postby Lilwik » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:31 am

Jeivar wrote:Parson would score big points with me if his "genius" plan is to just let the fallen enemies stay dead rather than turn them against their own people, and have Sizemore build some sort of monument. He clearly has never been happy about Wanda's love of decrypting.
I think there is no chance of that. Parson has even stronger Duty than a normal unit because of the Summon Perfect Warlord spell; I think his Duty might even be irresistible. On top of that, I think decryption is better than being dead, and Parson would always want to figure out ways to win the war. Leaving all those units dead seems like it can't be his plan, unless doing it would somehow give him an even bigger army.
Lilwik

Postby Messenger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:39 am

Jallorn wrote:
gd1 wrote:Parson seems to be affected by signamancy by the looks of his new facial appearance.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ wrote:Is it me or did Parson's bravery just altered his signamancy?

I came here to find the answer to this question myself. He looks nobler to me.

And I was about to post, "Boy, Parson really lost weight."
Messenger

Postby Lipkin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:47 am

Sir. Knowsalot wrote:Even if she decrypts Jack, I doubt he'll turn into some mindless puppet. It just wouldn't fit with his character. All of the characters decrypted so far were very single minded, save perhaps Antium and he has already questioned her. I'm curios to see how someone like Jack will react to being decrypted. Especially considering that he will know exactly why he feels the way he does, and he's already expressed contempt for Wanda's whole "it's my destiny" crap.

It could also lead to the question of what will happen should, Titans forbid, Parson ever be decrypted.

Mindless? No. Loyal? Yes. The decryption process brainwashes the subject. It made Ansom love Wanda. Others hold her with almost religious devotion. Jack's job as foolamancer is to see things as they are, and cause others to see them as they are not. He'll be loyal to her because the pliers require it of him. He won't need another reason.

Lilwik wrote:
Jeivar wrote:Parson would score big points with me if his "genius" plan is to just let the fallen enemies stay dead rather than turn them against their own people, and have Sizemore build some sort of monument. He clearly has never been happy about Wanda's love of decrypting.
I think there is no chance of that. Parson has even stronger Duty than a normal unit because of the Summon Perfect Warlord spell; I think his Duty might even be irresistible. On top of that, I think decryption is better than being dead, and Parson would always want to figure out ways to win the war. Leaving all those units dead seems like it can't be his plan, unless doing it would somehow give him an even bigger army.
We don't actually know he has stronger duty than other units. We just have the word of others that the spell would disband him if he didn't attempt everything in his power.
Lipkin

Postby Drongo2 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:53 am

Parson knows that Charlie will call to ask about his chances of attacking the city. Parson can give Charlie an honest answer then vastly increase his chances to defend by getting Wanda to decrypt the groups after Parson gives his answer.

If Parson wants to attack Charlie he can do it whenever he wants with a caster army through the portals.
Drongo2

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions