Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Desolation of the Titans (Signup)

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:20 pm

I'd guess to help make sure you get a spot. Not sure if you count as being in your own game or not for purposes of the original post :P
Taikei no Yuurei
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:41 pm

Well, I have to admit that I'm not 100% happy with how the stats and stuff came out. I really wanted my Sandwurm to be able to do too much, and so ended up splitting it into two units. Still, should be fun to play if given a spot.

Side Name: Fraymon
Colors:Tan, Yellow, Blue
Ruler Name:Alia Atreides
Preferred Terrain: Desert
Caster Preference: Dirtamancer, Turnamancer
Caster Rejection: Mathamancer, Hippiemancer
Side Bonus: All units Desert Capable
Side Note: While all infantry can be male or female; Sayyadina, and Warlords are all exclusively female. Craftsmen are similarly exclusively male.
Unit Roster:
Knifer - (5/6/2/5/desert capable) (30) Knifers wear stillsuits at all times, which allow them to survive for weeks in the desert without the need for additional water. They fight with a pair of knives which they use to deadly effect, but are otherwise lightly armored, leaving them somewhat fragile.
Holder - (10/2/5/5/desert capable, garrison) (20) Holders do not pop with stillsuits, requiring the promotion from garrison units to gain them. They use a long knife and large shield to fight, leaving them handicapped offensively, but the shield makes them far harder to take down.
Slinger - (5/9/0/5/desert capable, garrison, ranged) (30) Like Holders, Slingers don't pop with stillsuits, not gaining them until they are promoted from garrison units. Slingers use wurm skin slings to launch small spiked balls at enemies. The balls are made from crushed sandwurm teeth, which always seem to remain sharp, even when nearly ground to dust.
Vision - (3/0/0/20/desert capable, scout, flying) (30) Visions are strange creatures. They look like transparent Knifers, but they fly without effort and move at great speeds. They are somewhat hard to see, but a single sword swipe is generally more than sufficent to cause them to vanish entirely.
Fedaykin - (13/10/5/5/desert capable, rider, toxin) (90+10) Fedaykin are highly trained Knifers, who use special knives called crysknives, made from a sandwurm's tooth. The tooth also holds a reserve of sandwurm poison, making even a scratch from one of the blades a potentially deadly blow. (Promotion bonus: Gain toxin, 1 hit, 1 defense, and 3 combat)
Craftsman - (13/5/5/6/desert capable, knight, heavy, fabrication, builder, surveyor) (60+10) Craftsman make what their side needs, be that improved stillsuits that blend in better with certain terrains, or knives of unparalleled sharpness. They also ensure that cities are built properly, and farms, mines, and the like are operating fully. They are also surprisingly good fighters, should enemies break through to the back lines.
Sayyadina - (11/2/4/6/desert capable, knight, dancefighting, leadership) (60+10) Sayyadina are the wise women of the Fraymon, and exclusively female. Their presence on a battlefield inspires other units to fight their hardest.
Fat Sandwurm - (20/6/10/10/beast, desert capable, heavy, burrowing, mount, speed boost) (120+20) Fat Sandwurms have thick bodies which tunnel through the ground much more slowly than their prime counterparts. This makes them easy to ride, and some of the scales can even be removed to create a small area where the passangers can huddle when the Fat Sandwurm dives into the ground.
Prime Sandwurm - (16/14/5/19/desert capable, beast, heavy, burrowing, ranged, footbiter, toxic spit (sonic breath), speed boost+, toxin) (300+50) Prime Sandwurms, usuallly just refered to as Sandwurms, are much stronger than their Fat counterparts. Their bodies are much longer, and they are able to move with astonishing speed. Their favorite tactic is to surface directly under enemy troops, often swallowing them whole in an instant. Those that they can't swallow are ripped to shreds by their poisoned teeth, or shot with a stream of toxins so concentrated that they can eat through stone and even metal like lava through ice. When breaching the ground, Sandwurms can even reach air units, so high do they jump. Because the Prime Sandwurms move so fast and are so much thinner than their Fat cousins, they are impossible to ride.

No points for guessing what my side is based on ;)
Taikei no Yuurei

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Okay, here are the results of my review!

Tenton (EThe)
Scout and Wingman both have 2 more points free to spend, but are otherwise good as written. All other units fine.

Whoya (GW)
Purple Dwagon has 1 point free to spend, and I'm assuming you mean 19 hits, not 18, since Hits come in multiples of 1.5

Fraymon (Taikei)
Mathamancy on all units checks out, but the +4 from Dancefighting is a constant bonus, so you can write the Sayyadina Combat as 6, not 2.

Please PM me once you have made the edits to your original posts. Also because I stopped following Peace on Erf a while back, please confirm for me who is already playing in it. (No, being GM doesn't count against Sir Shadow)
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Well, here goes:

Side Name: Zorastar
Colors: Jade, Silver, Cerulean (Silver shooting star over a blue field in a jade cirlce
Ruler Name: Emperor Endeavor (Royal)
Preferred Terrain: Hills
Casters Preferred: Dollamancer, Turnamancer
Casters Spurned: Healomancer, Date-a-Mancer
Side Bonus: +2 to all units.

Infantry Units
Stabber - (8/3/5/5) (30)
Piker - (10/4/5/5; garrison) (20)
Archer - (5/11/0/5; garrison, ranged) (30)
Scout - (3/2/0/20; flight, scout) (30)
Knight - (13/10/7/5; frightening, rider) (90+10)

Special Units
Special A; Maiden - Knight(8/2/3/6; fabrication, rider, simple findamancy, surveyor) (60+10)
Maidens are beautiful woman that maintain the empire’s cities. They are polite and chaste and well versed in the management of cities and skills of housekeeping. They use their women’s intuition to find resources for the empire to use and benefit from.
Special B; Bolt - Beast(13/5/5/12; heavy, burrowing, mount, speed boost, toxic) (60+10)
Long, lanky lizards with poisonous fangs, Bolts come in all colorations and travel through the ground nearly as fast as the land. They are capable of taking on riders and are the main steeds of the empire.
Special C; Siren - Knight(15/7/5/4; rider, leadership, dance-fighting, simple croakamancy) (120+20)
Unlike the Maiden, Siren’s use their vicious beauty to their advantage, dancing around dazzled foes like a deadly dervish. Others are so enthralled by their beauty that they too are pulled into the dance, and even the croaked cannot resist them.
Special D; Bullet - Beast(22/12/4/51; heavy, flight, lightning breath, mount, siege, speed boost x3) (300+50)
Bullets are the ultimate method of transportation. Their speed is unparalleled and their combat capabilities are not to be sniffed at. Masters of hit-and-run tactics, they are capable of harrying an enemy into submission.

Any chance you'll allow some minor point reallocation?
Last edited by Sir Shadow on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Your bolt seems to be a point over.
Your Siren seems to be 4 points over.
And I don't think anything was mentioned about the cost of flight, but assuming it is 4, your bullet is spot on, if not, it has 2 points to spend.
Taikei no Yuurei

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:49 pm

I will review the mathamancy in a moment, but as Sir Shadow has thrown in his flag, I will ask for either Ethe or Taikei to volunteer their spot for him since I believe you are both playing in Peace on Erf. Or if you prefer, I will flip a coin.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:56 pm

Ah yes, the Bolt's combat went up 1 point somehow.

Are you taking into account the Siren's +4 to combat from dance-fighting?
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Yeah Sir...I'm not sure what the heck you were doing, every special unit is wrong by my account.
Please specify which side-wide bonus you're selecting, and be sure to note when you give a unit Speed or Speed+. Also note that just because a special is "Knight Type" it doesn't automatically get Rider (since I think that might be where some of your points went awry)
Also, no point re-allocation will be permitted. Though the Titans reserve the right to pop Command units with unusual stats.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:09 pm

Ooooh nevermind, I just did your infantry and it became obvious you picked +2, which means only the Bolt is a problem, and the Bullet.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Ok, I looked over them again, and I'm really not seeing any issues aside from how I somehow forgot to put in that the Bullet at Speed Boots+ x3

Bolt - 14
5- Heavy (+5/+3/+3/0)
3- burrowing
2- mount
2- speed boost (0/0/0/+6)
2- toxic

Bullet - 28
4- Stat Increase (+6/0/0/0)
0- heavy
4- flight
6- lightning breath (0/+8/0/0)
2- mount
12- speed boost+ x3 (0/0/0/+48)
Sir Shadow

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Alrighty you are ok now, however Flight is only a 2 point special, so Bullets actually have 2 more points to spend.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:30 pm

o.o ok... adding siege to them, then.
Sir Shadow

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Yeah, I haven't been adding dance-fighting directly into my unit's stats, so I didn't take that into account. Your Siren is fine then. The bolt was the only problem. Well, and the bullet since flight is 2 points here. Shame my units didn't take advantage of that.

Speaking of which, I'd be willing to pull out, since I'm still not entirely happy with how my side turned out. I like it well enough, and I think it will surprise me if given the chance, but I'm just not feeling it like I'm feeling my side in the PoE game.
Taikei no Yuurei

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:55 pm

That said, I'd like to play and give my side a chance to grow on me, but if Boyce would like to stay, I'm willing to drop out.
Taikei no Yuurei

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:52 am

I believe in the power of Fate, flip a coin I say!
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:14 am

Hehe, sounds good. Let the Titans decide :)
Taikei no Yuurei

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:16 am

And thus it was that Fate determined the Fraymon were Retconjured out of existence. Sorry Taikei :/
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Re: Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:23 am

You might say they got...muscled out
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:33 am

Damnit where is the *like* button on this site :p
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:37 am

Regarding cities, do I basically decide now how I will spend my flavor and structural points for each level now as part of designing my side? Then every city follows that template, except the capital which can be unique?
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
GWvsJohn

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games