Sweeping Dwagon

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby ETheBoyce » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:45 am

Doctor Love Shack will now flail wildly at the Acutea in front of him with his mace, success appears unlikely
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:31 am

Sing casts Fire Bolt @ 3.
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:00 am

Adreena will search around to recover as many usable crossbow bolts as she can.

"Good ! Raveesh, will those two be a problem if we have to come back this way ? "
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Swodaems » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:01 am

LTDave wrote:"3" takes a toughness test… [ 3 ] Fail! "3" is KO'd

"1" and "3" flee from the chamber… disappearing back the way the stack entered…

Shouldn't it be "1" and "2" fleeing the chamber?
Swodaems
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:04 am

LTDave wrote:Adreena loads and fires at Aculeata 3 again. [ 1 ] Hit!
"3" takes a toughness test… [ 3 ] Fail! "3" is KO'd

"1" and "3" flee from the chamber… disappearing back the way the stack entered…



Read that again... LTDave. I'm preeeety sure its Aculeatas '1' & '2' that flee ;)

[EDIT] bah ninja'd
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:20 am

Bah. Missed that the fight is over. I guess I'll refrain from fire-bolting anything for the moment; and will have to hope that, one day, I'll actually hit something.

Perhaps, in the next encounter, we'll fight the broad side of a barn. (crosses fingers)
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:17 pm

So damage doesn't matter unless it is negated by armor?

Wildthwing now wishes he had bought very heavy armor.

Is his shield heavy or light?
WhirdCheese
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:17 am

WhirdCheese wrote:Is his shield heavy or light?


Whilst purchasing it Werebiscuit wrote:Adreena buys Wildthwing the biggest sturdiest shield she can find.



From Adreena's attempts to buy you the biggest, sturdiest shield she could find I'd reckon that your shield is of the heavy type

A question of my own, From your description LTDave it seems the hunting spear is used 2-handed. Correct ? Can it be weilded one-handed with a shield ?
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:05 am

Yes, should be "1" and "2" that flee. "4" is cwoaked, and "3" is KO'd.

Raveesh shakes his head. "We won't need to come back this way. And you handled them pretty well - why worry about those two? Are you ready to move on?"


The Hunting Spear seems to be a one handed throwing spear - more like a Javelin than a Pike.

Wildthwing has a heavy shield, but only light armour (wildmen can't have heavy armour for some reason). Armour helps with the toughness test after taking a hit...
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:30 am

" Oh, the wounded aculeata's don't worrry me... .it's them finding friends I'm worried about.
But glad we don't have to come back this way......

...Juust... let.. me find ...this ...last ..bolt...
"

Adreena fired 6 shots ( 2 hits & 4 misses) out of her 16 bolts, how many fired bolts can she recover ?
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:27 pm

*rolling*

Adreena finds two bolts in the corpse of the defeated foe - and two more are found nearby.

The other two have disappeared without a trace.

Character Stats
Spoiler: show
Name: Shack [ETheBoyce]
Race: Human Profession: Healer
STR 2 DEX 2 INT 3 SPT 4
Agility 3 Craft 6 Fighting 3 Knowledge 6 Perception 6
Persuasion 11 Shooting 4 Speed 3 Stealth 5 Toughness 5

Weapons: Mace, 3 Hunting Spears
Armour: Light Armour
Special: Healer. Once per phase, a Healer can touch a wounded Character to restore to full health, or a "KO'd" character to restore to wounded. Cwoaked is another matter…
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Tent, Writing Set, Potion of Healing.
Funds in hand: 95


Name: Wildthwing [WhirdCheese]
Race: Twoll Profession: Wilder
STR 5 DEX 3 INT 1 SPT 2
Agility 5 Craft 3 Fighting 9 Knowledge 1 Perception 3
Persuasion 3 Shooting 3 Speed 8 Stealth 4 Toughness 9

Weapons: Battle Axe, Axe
Armour: Light Armour, Shield
Special: Survival. A Wilder can use their perception skill to track animals and enemies, as well as find food and water.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Hammer, Pick, Grapnel.
Funds in hand: 80


Name: Singthis Corrosion [MarbitChow]
Race: Elf Profession: Caster
STR 1 DEX 1 INT 5 SPT 4
Agility 1 Craft 6 Fighting 1 Knowledge 13 Perception 9
Persuasion 7 Shooting 5 Speed 1 Stealth 4 Toughness 4

Weapons: Staff, Pointy Hat, Spellbook, Longbow (12 arrows)
Spells: Fire Bolt: If a Caster makes a Shooting check this automatically casuses a wound. Range 30'; Invisibility: Caster cannot be seen for 3 phases unless he attacks an enemy or casts a spell; Teleport: Caster disappears and reappears at any point he can see within 60'; Countermagic: This disrupts a spell targeted at the Caster and nullifies it. This is the only spell that can be cast as an immediate reaction and not on the Caster's turn. It can only be cast once per turn.
Armour: None
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Chalk, Small Mirror, Writing Set.
Funds in hand: 0


Name: Adreena [Werebiscuit]
Race: Human Profession: Scout
STR 1 DEX 4 INT 3 SPT 3
Agility 7 Craft 8 Fighting 4 Knowledge 5 Perception 6
Persuasion 5 Shooting 8 Speed 4 Stealth 9 Toughness 3

Weapons: Dagger, 1 Hunting Spear, Crossbow (14 bolts), Atatl
Armour: Light Armour, Shield
Special: Infiltration: A Scout can try to open locked doors using their craft skill.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Lockpicks, Mirror, Pot of Grease, D'Step's Gem, Spade.
Funds in hand: 125


Name: Craven [Swodaems]
Race: Marbit Profession: Warrior
STR 3 DEX 5 INT 2 SPT 1
Agility 11 Craft 6 Fighting 10 Knowledge 3 Perception 2
Persuasion 1 Shooting 6 Speed 8 Stealth 5 Toughness 3

Weapons: Sword, Sling (20 bullets)
Armour: Light Armour, Light Shield.
Special: A Warrior can attack twice in a phase, if he has not moved, against any adjacent enemy.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Crowbar, Pole (8'), Iron Spikes (x6)
Funds in hand: 200


Name: Toothry A'ah [Lipkin]
Race: Transylvito Profession: Caster
STR 4 DEX 2 INT 4 SPT 1
Agility 3 Craft 5 Fighting 5 Knowledge 10 Perception 6
Persuasion 2 Shooting 5 Speed 5 Stealth 2 Toughness 4

Weapons: Staff, Pointy Hat, Spellbook
Armour: None
Special: Befriend: One person likes you for 5 minutes. He will help & defend you, but not do anything suicidal. He will remember afterwards what you did. If you attack him it breaks the spell; , Daze: Enemy cannot attack for 3 turns. He can still move & defencd himself. Range 30'; Detect Enemy: Gives the location of the nearest creature who intends to harm the caster up to 60'; Terrify: Enemy must pass a Tougness skill check to attack wizard. Lasts 3 rounds.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Gentleman's cane, Writing Set, Chalk, Cape, Doombat.
Funds in hand: 0
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Wildthwing gets his shield back from Raveesh. Then follows him when they are supposed to.
WhirdCheese
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:31 am

" All Right, let's form up again. Maybe it's better that I go up front with Raveesh as it uses my skills better. Wildthwing you watch my back. Count, you and Craven take the rear but be ready to move forward. Casters in the centre.... this time, though, let's stay as a stack. Raveeesh,...are there any other surprises these tunnels are likely to hold ? "
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Lipkin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Toothry floats towards Adreena.

"Listen. I'm not saying this is a bad plan, but who made you leader of this party? You are continuously trying to take control, with little consideration for the thoughts or wishes of the rest of us. Had you allowed me to cast when I wanted to, maybe we wouldn't have been taken by surprise. A little back and forth wouldn't croak you."
User avatar
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Sing leans in towards Toothry and Adreena. "If I might be so bold, I believe I should lead the way, with Toothry in the main group detecting hostiles as we go. I may value my powers of observation more highly than the rest of you lot, but even if I underestimate my own skills, I've got several spells uniquely qualified to extract me from danger that the rest of you do not possess."
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:22 pm

" Count, the minute I hear a better plan from you I'm more than willing to follow it. At the moment, though, all I hear are complaints, not suggestions. You came up with a decent enough plan aboard Stephanie, if you've got suggestions let's hear them "

Dismissively, she turns to Sing
" I've no more desire to put myself in the firing line than I have to lead," she snorts derisively in the Count's direction " however I don't think casters should take the brunt of any ambush or charge. how would you deal with either ?"
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:"I've no more desire to put myself in the firing line than I have to lead," she snorts derisively in the Count's direction " however I don't think casters should take the brunt of any ambush or charge. how would you deal with either ?"
I'd assume that being invisible or teleporting away would be more than sufficient, and if the ambush is magical in nature I'm the ONLY one who could counter it."

/OOC LTDave: Are we using Juice when we cast? I don't see any indication as such. If so, can I keep recasting Invisibility when it wears out, or will I exhaust myself? If I can stay invisible, I'll respond as follows:

"Advancing invisibly would even allow me to ambush most ambushes, or at least provide significant warning to prepare ourselves."
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Lipkin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Toothry nods.

"Sing is right. He's better able to detect danger than you are, and able to escape harm should he fail to. Between him, and my casting, we should be able to keep forewarned, and if we find trouble, we can direct the fighters to the appropriate position."
User avatar
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby WhirdCheese » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:11 pm

"Wildthwing stay at front. Wildthwing best suited for being attacked."
WhirdCheese
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Sing nods. "That's not a bad idea, Wild. I'll act as spotter, and you act as buffer."
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SeraphRedux and 1 guest