what if parson is ordered to disband

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

what if parson is ordered to disband

Postby taltamir » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:25 pm

A unit who disobeys a direct order disbands
The leader of a side can disband a unit.
Disbanding is "unpopping", the unit just disappears.

Parson was ordered to maintain the fort, he did not do so because he did not understand how he was supposed to do it. He did not disband.
The question is... if the tool decides to disband him, is it considered an ORDER to disband, or just the action? if it is basically an order to disband, that means that a unit must either obey it (disband) or be disbanded for not obeying it. But parson is likely unaware of HOW he would even go about disbanding... does that mean he would be unable to disband, and not be disbanded for disobeying of orders?
taltamir

Re: what if parson is ordered to disband

Postby moose o death » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:02 am

a big blue spark with WTF!! would be drawn and we all find a new comic to read.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Anton Gaist » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:54 am

I think it's more of a question of if Gotti knows what Disbanding is. He's bound to follow orders to the best of his understanding and abilities, after all.

I don't think that's the case, though. Disbanding is more likely like popping, it's decided by the ruler and carried out without the unit's participation.

moose o death wrote:a big blue spark with WTF!! would be drawn and we all find a new comic to read.

It would need a better sound effect, though. But yeah, probably.
Gentlemen, I like war.
I like trench war, I like Blitzkrieg, I like the offensive, I like the defensive.
I truly love each and every kind of war man can wage on a tabletop game.
Anton Gaist

Postby Wyvern » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:47 am

I'm pretty sure that disbanding is an action by the Overlord, not the disbanded unit. Stanley would disband Parson, not order Parson to disband himself. The latter would have no more of an effect than ordering Parson to fly, or grow four extra arms. It's just not something that a unit can do.
Wyvern

Return to Everything Else Erfworld