Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:27 pm

I've been out of town and then sick, so I'm getting to work on the map now, thanks everyone for your patience. Expect a PM in the next 24 hours or so.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:30 pm

....that awkward moment when you realize you put in snow-capped mountain in the terrain generator instead of snow-fields....and don't realize until the map is finished....
Well, I'm glad none of you picked Tundra for a terrain type, cus it isn't gonna exist in this game!
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Ah Tundra, brings back fond memories of my favorite Magic: the Gathering deck of all time. My white/blue Karma/Magical Hack deck. So much fun :)
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Heads up, I'm considering an errata to the Improved [Stat] and Improved [Unit] flavors, by restricting them to Infantry only. Feel free to offer arguments for or against this.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:38 am

Well from a Mathmancy standpoint those improvements are most efficient on Infantry units as they have the lowest base point value and you pop either 8 or 6 of them a turn
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:02 am

But also from a mathmancy viewpoint, something like improved unit on, say, a special C or special D has less chances of coming up due to how many more infantry you'll be able to pop, but on balance it makes that C/D extra special and not something that can be sent to its doom with ease. Up to the player if they want something like a crack team infantry squad or play the odds and hope for that one powerful knight class to get ranged, or what-have-you.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:25 am

Honestly, assuming that improved [unit] improves the selected unit by a set amount (say 4 points worth of improvement) regardless of what unit is selected, then it would be much more beneficial to select an infantry type unit anyway, since as the others stated, you generate far more of them than you would specials. In the time you would get a four point boost on a special D, you could likely make around 40+ infantry units, which would be an extra 160 points floating around on your side. Not to mention your special D would only be boosted by about 5-10% of its total stats, while the infantry would be getting a 25% or so boost. So yeah, mathematically speaking, there isn't much reason to pick a special over infantry for improved [unit] anyway. As for the improved [stat] only working on infantry, I can see that, since you get the bonus on any unit you produce, so while you're still going to get a bigger boost out of making infantry with it (both in total points and percentage wise), it isn't like you have to make a trade off when picking the boost. Still though, a +1 combat will be fairly noticeable on an infantry, but likely much less so on a Special. I don't see much reason to have it affect only infantry.

So, to sum it up: I don't think restricting improved [unit] to infantry is really needed, since they're the better bet to take it for anyway, and I don't think restricting improved [stat] to infantry is particularly hefty, as specials get such a relatively small boost out of it anyway; They'd be far better served by getting an improved storeroom and making them stuff via fabrication.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:18 am

Ok then based on the feedback, and a look back through some of the comic, I'm going to decide on this:
  • Improved [Stat] applies only to Infantry, which to clarify, includes Scouts and Knights.
  • Improved [Unit] can be selected for any unit, but ill be picky about what kind of bonus ill allow depending on the unit type.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 am

How does [Unit] Production work when a city hits level 5?
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:18 am

The production rate gets extrapolated, so they'll still produce even faster once the city hits 5.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:10 pm

Hey Sir, we're just waiting on you to finish up day 1. A special note, during Turn 1 you gain 1,000 as a "new side bonus". After that you collect income at start of turn as normal.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:03 pm

....I'm having entirely too much fun filling in the details of your Scouts' appearances and behaviors :)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:11 am

I continue to play it fast and loose with the Overlord, I am fine with this.
ETheBoyce

Postby 0beron » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:13 am

Playing it fast and loose with your Treasury is more like it :p
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:19 am

To clarify, on the city level chart, when a city goes from level 2 to 3, it gains 150 additional structure points and 6 additional flavor points, not 210 and 14, right?
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:18 am

Correct, the points listed are the cumulative totals. So a city going from 2 to 3 gains 150 more SP and 6 FP.
The Costs however are per level. So to make a 2 into a 3 costs $20,000
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:06 pm

I would play it fast and hard with my treasury if I had something to spend it on... oh wait.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby GWvsJohn » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:32 pm

Interesting additions to the compendium. Should I change my D special's name to something other than Red Dwagon?
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Ooopsie, totally forgot those were your Special D too!
Since Red Dwagons in the comic definitely don't have Siege, I'd say yes, your Special D should have a different name. Perhaps White or Black Dwagons instead? Or Lava Drake? I'll leave it up to you to pick something you like, those are just suggestions.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:07 pm

Also, partially because at least one of you WANTS a Turnamancer, and partially because I just felt like it, I'm working on Vehicle rules. Here's my first draft, feedback/comments most welcome.
Vehicles are created using Fabrication, and may be made self-propelling by a Turnamancer. If not self-propelling, they may be pulled by a Mount. Mounts may pull a number of Passengers equal to twice the number of Riders they could normally carry. When created, the crafter must specify whether the Vehicle is land-based or water-based. A Vehicle must be crafted/enhanced all in one continuous process, with the end stats declared at the start of construction. Once it is complete, the Vehicle may never be altered further.
A Vehicle may be crafted for 4 Loose Materials, and has the following basic stats:
  • 10/0/5/0, Single Passenger
It can be enhanced with Fabrication as follows:
  • +2 Loose Materials/additional Passenger
  • +4 Loose Materials gains +10 Hits, +5 Def
Casters can further enhance the Vehicle as follows:
(Only self-propelled Vehicles can gain specials)
  • +5 Juice/2 Move (Turnamancy)
  • Flight: 40 Juice (Wierdomancy)
  • Terrain Capability: 20 Juice (Turnamancy)
  • Burrowing: 40 Juice (Turnamancy)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games