Book 2 – Page 112

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 112

Postby balder » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:00 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 112

Postby Pokota » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:04 am

I believe someone had quatloos on this experiment...
zyxophoj wrote:Also, it depends rather heavily on Wanda ... not being Wanda.
Pokota

Postby Fjord » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:12 am

I can't believe how ballsy Parson is.
Looking forward to the reaction from TMK to this
Fjord

Postby Zeku » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:20 am

What?

Magic Kingdom doesn't have turns, which means the bodies may not decay.

Is he trying to bring people back to life normally, not under the control of Wanda, for moral reasons? But then why was he willing to decrypt so many more to accomplish this?

Does he want to bring them back to Gobwin Knob after another capital change?

Does he want to create a permanent cache of dead bodies to immediately amp up any given fight? Why does it matter since decrypted have no maintenance?

Is he just trying to make sure those individuals survive the counterattack from Charlie?

I haven't got a freaking clue, this is either mindboggling or I'm overthinking it.

Panel 9 foreground could be Rainbow Mika.
Zeku

Postby Crod » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:24 am

My guess...
Spoiler: show
He's planning to carry the corpses through the portal and decrypt them in MK
Crod
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby youngstormlord » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:28 am

Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord

Postby cloudbreaker » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:32 am

Hmm, I think it is a safe bet now that the bodies are going to the Magic Kingdom, but where will they be decrypted? In the Magic Kingdom? At old Gobwin Knob? Unaroyal? Faq? Charlescomm? All of the above? I'm so excited to find out!
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby programancer » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:35 am

Is that a creeper face I see in the "A" in "CRAFT" in panel 9?
Last edited by programancer on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
programancer
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:35 am

First of all, Sizemore seems seriously badass this update. That's neat.

So, first Parson has Sizemore secure the portal from the MK side. Smart, but not genius.

My guess is that Parson plans on bringing a ton of bodies through the portal, and then having Wanda decrypt them. He isn't invading the MK, but he is posting guards to ensure that no one strikes against GK like he did against Jetstone. If they try to bust into the newly built pyramid, suddenly a ton of Decrypted troops swarm all over them. Even though casters are powerful, they are squishy. They won't be able to stand up to the zerg rush that would happen if they tried to invade. And apparently the only ones who will know he's moved troops into the MK are the Thinkomancers.

Dandy.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby arkerpay » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:36 am

cloudbreaker wrote:Hmm, I think it is a safe bet now that the bodies are going to the Magic Kingdom, but where will they be decrypted? In the Magic Kingdom? At old Gobwin Knob? Unaroyal? Faq? Charlescomm? All of the above? I'm so excited to find out!

That's the genius move. Using the MK to transfer (dead) troops to new locations and then uncroak them. He just needs a strategic corpse repository.
arkerpay

Postby Raza » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:36 am

The pyramid's a good idea, if you want secure use of your portal. He might even be able to excuse that diplomatically, after having been attacked and waylayed in the magic kingdom and establishing that he is, in fact, a caster.

Putting troops there, though... I wonder how that will end.

Lipkin wrote:First of all, Sizemore seems seriously badass this update. That's neat.

So, first Parson has Sizemore secure the portal from the MK side. Smart, but not genius.

My guess is that Parson plans on bringing a ton of bodies through the portal, and then having Wanda decrypt them. He isn't invading the MK, but he is posting guards to ensure that no one strikes against GK like he did against Jetstone. If they try to bust into the newly built pyramid, suddenly a ton of Decrypted troops swarm all over them. Even though casters are powerful, they are squishy. They won't be able to stand up to the zerg rush that would happen if they tried to invade. And apparently the only ones who will know he's moved troops into the MK are the Thinkomancers.

Dandy.

I was thinking Isaac was using lookamancy there, since apparently the spell isn't an obvious enough reaction for the other thinkamancers to be doing it, too. Still eyemancy and probably within his abilities.

I'm also pretty sure the MK population could wipe out whatever Parson stationed there if they got organized for it. Organization doesn't seem like their strong suit, though. And Parson e might be able to grow that pyramid and decrypt more troops there over time, if they don't squish it immediately.
Last edited by Raza on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raza

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 am

Parson's establishing a GK fortress in Portal Park. He's building it AROUND the portals GK controls, so only GK units can enter there.
Which means that, from now on, GK can accumulate bodies, move them into the park, then throw them through a portal where Wanda Decrypts them on the other side.
Parson can launch an attack on any side's capital, at will, through their back door, at ANY TIME, DAY OR NIGHT.
MarbitChow

Postby Whispri » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:42 am

I'm guessing a threat rather than an atttack. The Magick Kingdom's been violating the whole neutrality thing as far as Gobwin Knob is concerned for some time now.

How are they going to move the Dwagon?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:43 am

programancer wrote:Is that a creeper face I see in the "A" in "CRAFT" in panel 9?

Hey there Magic Kingdom, That's a very nice everything you have there. Be a shame if something happened to it. :D
Last edited by Shai_hulud on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby cloudbreaker » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:48 am

Oh hey, a Manpower statue in panel ten. Nice touch.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Lipkin » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:52 am

Raza wrote:The pyramid's a good idea, if you want secure use of your portal. He might even be able to excuse that diplomatically, after having been attacked and waylayed in the magic kingdom and establishing that he is, in fact, a caster.

Putting troops there, though... I wonder how that will end.

Lipkin wrote:First of all, Sizemore seems seriously badass this update. That's neat.

Dandy.

I was thinking Isaac was using lookamancy there, since apparently the spell isn't an obvious enough reaction for the other thinkamancers to be doing it, too. Still eyemancy and probably within his abilities.

I'm also pretty sure the MK population could wipe out whatever Parson stationed there if they got organized for it. Organization doesn't seem like their strong suit, though. And Parson e might be able to grow that pyramid and decrypt more troops there over time, if they don't squish it immediately.
Sure, a unified MK could wipe out the pyramid. And if Parson were attacking the GK, or moving troops through to other portals, I'm sure a lot of otherwise neutral casters would stand against him. But I think he's only putting up a guard post. So only casters that already have beef with GK are going to want to attack him, and I think that would only be a couple dozen casters at most. The decrypted would only need to last long enough to toss a red flag though the portal to warn of the attack, and a load of other units could be waiting on the other side of the portal if any casters make it though.

They could take the pyramid, but they wouldn't be able to take GK by surprise.
Lipkin

Postby Whispri » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:54 am

MarbitChow wrote:Parson's establishing a GK fortress in Portal Park. He's building it AROUND the portals GK controls, so only GK units can enter there.
Which means that, from now on, GK can accumulate bodies, move them into the park, then throw them through a portal where Wanda Decrypts them on the other side.
Parson can launch an attack on any side's capital, at will, through their back door, at ANY TIME, DAY OR NIGHT.

Not if the disbandment clause clicks in regardless of the direction of travel. This seems more likely to be about threatening to turn Portal Park into no man's land.
Whispri

Postby LordAcme » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:58 am

Nice out-of-the-box thinking.
Last edited by LordAcme on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordAcme
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Zeku » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:59 am

1. MK invasion force?
2. MK counterattack deterrent?
3. Copycat deterrent force?
4. Other-portal invasion force?
5. Troop flexibility planl?

This is really one of those 'obvious' things that you don't talk about in fancy forum strategy sessions. If you really lived in Erfworld, and you openly broke the MK's neutrality, you would of course need a method of handling the fallout, which would require troops garrisoned at the Portal entrance.
Zeku

Postby Klear » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:02 am

How much of all dead bodies available are three dozens? Because he's the rest into MK. All of them. That doesn't sound like he only wants to guard the portal...
Klear

Next

Return to Reactions