Book 2 – Page 112

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 112

Postby Vreejack » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:04 am

So what would you do with the Magic Kingdom once you had conquered it? I am still a little shaky on the details, but it seems Parson intends to do just that. And how is he going to keep all those barbarian casters from instantly and actively allying against him?

Or maybe this is just an active force to protect his capital's portal from angry carneymancers. Or maybe that is just the argument he is going to make to the allied force of angry barbarian casters.

As to weather or not it can be done: a corpse is just an object, and objects are carried through portals all the time. Whoever built the portals might have gone through the extra effort to keep out corpses--in order to prevent an uncroaked invasion, for example--but I doubt it.

In any event, some decrypted units are going to learn to walk like Egyptians.
So...Watashi wa mizugorō ga sukina koto o kiita, neh?
A Prediction is what would have happened had there been no Prediction. What is scary is that they are also what will happen in spite of the Prediction.
Vreejack

Postby Aquillion » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:05 am

Lipkin wrote:And apparently the only ones who will know he's moved troops into the MK are the Thinkomancers.
And, I should hope, the Lookamancers.
Aquillion

Postby Whispri » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:08 am

Klear wrote:How much of all dead bodies available are three dozens? Because he's the rest into MK. All of them. That doesn't sound like he only wants to guard the portal...

Roughly one in eight.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Zeku » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:10 am

Klear wrote:How much of all dead bodies available are three dozens? Because he's the rest into MK. All of them. That doesn't sound like he only wants to guard the portal...

I think the "cleverness" of the plan hinges around the concept that only Parson and casters can cross the portal line. This mean that those bodies can only be moved by Parson or a caster, and once they are decrypted they are stuck on that side of the Portal.

If Spacerock gets attacked, Parson is going to have to quickly move bodies back to the city, and hope that the pyramid is still intact to protect him from interference. The whole thing feels wobbly and bizarre, since even a halfway awake Dirtamancer would zap Sizemore's pyramid and the bodies could be magically burnt in a minute or two.
Zeku

Postby Vreejack » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:15 am

The thinkamancers and lookamancers might know what he is doing, but they will be inclined to let him do it being as they were part of his summoning.

There were "almost three hundred" croaked units in Spacerock. "Three dozen" (36) will remain there as a garrison, so that leaves over 260 units for the Magic Kingdom Expeditionary Force (MKEF): 240 troopers, fifteen knights, three or four warlords, five casters, and Lord Hamster.
A Prediction is what would have happened had there been no Prediction. What is scary is that they are also what will happen in spite of the Prediction.
Vreejack

Postby alowe » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:17 am

The fortress in MK seems to cover the underground tunnel. Does that mean people can still gain entry from that tunnel?
alowe

Postby Klear » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:19 am

Zeku wrote:

I think the "cleverness" of the plan hinges around the concept that only Parson and casters can cross the portal line. This mean that those bodies can only be moved by Parson or a caster, and once they are decrypted they are stuck on that side of the Portal.

If Spacerock gets attacked, Parson is going to have to quickly move bodies back to the city, and hope that the pyramid is still intact to protect him from interference. The whole thing feels wobbly and bizarre, since even a halfway awake Dirtamancer would zap Sizemore's pyramid and the bodies could be magically burnt in a minute or two.

Hmm... in the 9th panel Parons says "drag them all here", and we're shown the pyramid being crafted, which made me automatically assume they want to stack the bodies in MK, but once they get them there, it will be a bit harder to get them out without the help of non-caster units.

So - if they keep the bodies outside the portal, they're... dunno... preparing to be able to have units either in MK or in the city?

But if they are planning to stack all of them in MK, I tend to think that they will get decrypted immediately.

Edit: The last panel seems to suggest they'll stack them outside the portal, but that could mean he wants the troops to prepare the corpses for himself/casters to drag them into MK.
Last edited by Klear on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Klear

Postby Whispri » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:20 am

alowe wrote:The fortress in MK seems to cover the underground tunnel. Does that mean people can still gain entry from that tunnel?

Unless Sizemore's blocked it off, there does seem to be a link left between the portal of Spacerock and the ex-portal of Gobwin Knob.
Whispri

Postby Vreejack » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:22 am

Zeku wrote:I think the "cleverness" of the plan hinges around the concept that only Parson and casters can cross the portal line. This mean that those bodies can only be moved by Parson or a caster, and once they are decrypted they are stuck on that side of the Portal.

I don't think anyone saw this exact thing coming, which is actually surprising considering what we DO think of. Yes, we argued about whether or not dead bodies can be carried across a portal, but I do not remember anyone suggesting an army be transported that way.

Zeku wrote:If Spacerock gets attacked, Parson is going to have to quickly move bodies back to the city, and hope that the pyramid is still intact to protect him from interference. The whole thing feels wobbly and bizarre, since even a halfway awake Dirtamancer would zap Sizemore's pyramid and the bodies could be magically burnt in a minute or two.

Yes, but people can only attack on their turn and it is still probably Spacerock's turn; they are not going to attack. Charlie's move is over and so is Hagar's, so no one can attack this turn. The remaining garrison will be able to defend the new capital if it is rebuilt.

There are NO dirtamancers in the Magic Kingdom. That is why Parson was so popular there.

Oh, and of course they will be stacking bodies in the tunnel where there is space.
Vreejack

Postby Whispri » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:28 am

Vreejack wrote:
Zeku wrote:If Spacerock gets attacked, Parson is going to have to quickly move bodies back to the city, and hope that the pyramid is still intact to protect him from interference. The whole thing feels wobbly and bizarre, since even a halfway awake Dirtamancer would zap Sizemore's pyramid and the bodies could be magically burnt in a minute or two.

Yes, but people can only attack on their turn and it is still probably Spacerock's turn; they are not going to attack. Charlie's move is over and so is Hagar's, so no one can attack this turn. The remaining garrison will be able to defend the new capital if it is rebuilt.

There are NO dirtamancers in the Magic Kingdom. That is why Parson was so popular there.

Oh, and of course they will be stacking bodies in the tunnel where there is space.

Actually it was still the RCC's turn last we heard, in fact unles there's another force in the Battlepace we don't know about, it must be as night has not yet come. So yes, there's still the possibiity of attack. All known RCC armies are defeated or retreating of course, but the chance remains.
Whispri

Postby Swodaems » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:33 am

Sigh, this is the idea that I said, in the prior thread, that I was hoping wouldn't happen. While it's true some members of the MK have reacted violently to Parson, the majority of the MK hasn't done anything in my mind that morally or logically justifies what could be perceived as an invasion.

I'm hoping the corpses disband on the way thru the portal. The pyramid alone could serve as a decent defense for what business Parson needs to conduct in the MK.
Swodaems

Postby hehehe426 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:34 am

Wanda's scaring me ._.
I'm suddenly very afraid for Jack, when he gets decrypted. That's an evil look she's got there.
hehehe426
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby youngstormlord » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:36 am

Vreejack wrote:I think the "cleverness" of the plan hinges around the concept that only Parson and casters can cross the portal line. This mean that those bodies can only be moved by Parson or a caster, and once they are decrypted they are stuck on that side of the portal.

I don't think anyone saw this exact thing coming, which is actually surprising considering what we DO think of. Yes, we argued about whether or not dead bodies can be carried across a portal, but I do not remember anyone suggesting an army be transported that way.

Read my original post to which I've linked to on page 1. You don't need army. You only need Wanda and some dead bodies. Some stabbing and hoboken!-ing + 'plying decryption later, you have both army and dead bodies on your disposal.
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby 0beron » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:39 am

I really can't figure out what Parson is trying. As someone pointed out, he prolly can't use Decrypted to attack other capitals because the portals may disband regardless of direction. Plus, why would he want to do that anyway? It's not really his style I don't think.
To me, the fact that he came up with this plan just after talking about Jack suggests that he was gonna try to save Jack without Decryption, but how would bringing his body to the MK accomplish that?
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby El_Chupacabra » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:42 am

Um... What defines a city boundary? If it's a Hex boundary... Technically, there's no Hex Boundary in Portal Park.

Could this be an expansion of Spacerock -- or even a new Level 1?

Named Habitrail, of course http://www.instantrimshot.com

If an expansion of Spacerock, does the Portal insta-death rule apply any more?

Er, probably a REALLY bad idea if so -- that's just way too much of a red flag for the rest of Erf.
El_Chupacabra

Postby Urf » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:53 am

BALLSY.

I guess we'd be able to tell if its an expansion of Spacerock if the pyramid shows signs of GK livery.
Urf

Postby zyxophoj » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:55 am

Hmm, Egyptian pyramids were built to store dead bodies in preparation for the next life. It's an appropriate building shape.

Whispri wrote:How are they going to move the Dwagon?

Hacking the corpse to bits then throwing them through the portal might work.

Defending Spacerock's portal from attack-via-MK is sensible. But attacking another side through their portal feels like a trick that works at most once. You'd need to throw a load of bodies through, then get Wanda through. She'd be briefly vulnerable. Sizemore could make a huge muddy ramp that gets a lot of bodies in quickly, I suppose. Still, if the portal room is guarded, I think this puts Wanda at too much risk.

Also, I bet the arkendish is capable of picking up Stargate-SG1, so Charlie already knows how to deal with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fM9fvinnQo

Controlling the MK does have its advantages, though. The most obvious one is that if the capital is switched back to Gobwin Knob, Sizemore can construct a tube between portals in the Magic Kingdom, make some small holes in Gobwin Knob, and flood an enemy capital with lava.
zyxophoj

Postby TheTuna » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:07 am

What's he playing at here? Invading the MK doesn't make any sense, as most of the MK has no beef with him. Plus, they need most of those troops on the normal side of the portal in order to continue the fight against the Coalition.

I could see him posting some guards around the portal, but to spawn an entire army in there? That'd be weird.

Guess it could be a simple body preservation method as well, since Wanda probably doesn't have as much juice as she did coming out after Gobwin Knob erupted.
TheTuna

Postby Klear » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:12 am

zyxophoj wrote:Controlling the MK does have its advantages, though. The most obvious one is that if the capital is switched back to Gobwin Knob, Sizemore can construct a tube between portals in the Magic Kingdom, make some small holes in Gobwin Knob, and flood an enemy capital with lava.

Hmmmm.. dwarfy...
Klear

Postby splexis » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:14 am

It is strange to me that all the posts are about Hamstard attacking the MK. The massing of the corpses there does something to Spacerock: makes it seem weakly defended. To me it looks more like he's setting Charlie (or his pawns) up for a straight forwArd bait and switch a la fully armed and operational battle-station.

Charlie: Open up, or I'll huff and I'll puff
Parson: No one here but us chickens
Charlie: I have you now
Parson: Yes, about that...
splexis

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions