Equilateratoria

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Equilateratoria

Postby ETheBoyce » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:31 am

Bodyguard? I think you mean stab factory!
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:53 am

Alternative13 wrote:[Worst case scenario, maybe, if we build in a place where neither wood nor stone can be harvested naturally (if such a place exists). ?

MarbitChow wrote:Image
As always, let me know if any corrections are required.

Or how about one with not enough stone or wood to build roads ?
Werebiscuit

Postby Intocabille_CZ » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 am

Um.. clarification please?

Intocabille_CZ wrote:Oh yeah... if I get attacked, I will respong with shifting the banked action into one blow back I guess. I will beat them with power of bacon in my hands...

It seems that Pace should have hit back at least once.

MarbitChow wrote: There won't be any circumstances in which one side gets to attack more than once without the other side being allowed to respond (short of the entire side being calmed / paralyzed). This is true for both your side and your opponents.

I assume that is why I was attacked twice (more than once without respond?) since there was 1 action "banked" ? so 1 banked (possible response) +1 more = 2 attacks on me?

Also... How come I ate second time one of the 2 bacons I carried over? I free ate bacon from the pigs in previous area before crossing the border and took 2 bacons with me, to be able to keep myself alive and not starving longer. It was not during the banked action, I still have that one. Which should be spent on hitting back anyway. But now I get only one round of not being hungry. Since you made so that I ate the bacon in previous round.

Proposal: Forget the "should hit back" leave the 1 banked action, but return me the bacon. I will eat it as part of the upcoming turn. I have 5 actions now. 4 + 1 banked. I will eat once the 1 of 2 bacons I should have, bringing me to the 9/10 HP and then attack (the most wounded and not attack-allowed-depleted) enemy with remaining actions. That should still leave me with 1 bacon though. I hope I am making sense.
Intocabille_CZ

Postby Alternative13 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:46 am

ETheBoyce wrote:Bodyguard? I think you mean stab factory!

All the better! :D
Werebiscuit wrote:Or how about one with not enough stone or wood to build roads ?

Enough wood to build two roads (one in, one out) - you can harvest resources on both ends of the road, so an adjacent zone with stone would be all that is needed.
You will also notice that I also cover only one resource type being available: Building a road into the triangle is enough to eventually connect that zone to the future quarry in a way that a single person can go back and forth between it and the stone formation currently guarded by Green Orbs twice with four actions - that's twelve stone by one person with a cart in a single round. The wood available is enough to connect it to the network. :)
Alternative13

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:52 am

Alternative13 wrote:
Werebiscuit wrote:Or how about one with not enough stone or wood to build roads ?

Enough wood to build two roads (one in, one out) - you can harvest resources on both ends of the road, so an adjacent zone with stone would be all that is needed.
You will also notice that I also cover only one resource type being available: Building a road into the triangle is enough to eventually connect that zone to the future quarry in a way that a single person can go back and forth between it and the stone formation currently guarded by Green Orbs twice with four actions - that's twelve stone by one person with a cart in a single round. The wood available is enough to connect it to the network. :)

I thought we needed some stone in the road...or can you now build wooden roads ? There is no natural stone in the triangle leading to the one I pictured, thus it IS our worst case scenario. Can you say bottleneck ? ;)

And I do believe both ends of a road need to be completed before it acts as a road ( 1 point travel)...so building a road into a triangle isn't enough
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:18 am

Werebiscuit wrote: I thought we needed some stone in the road...or can you now build wooden roads ?
If we gathered 10 wood from the trees there, we would only have to carry a minimum of 2 pieces of stone into the pool zone to build a road out. The other 13 stone could be placed in the other side of the road. Of course, if we're building from B2, all 15 stone would also have to be carted into B2 from the quarry.

Slight order change: Dod leaves his cart behind as he scarpers north, eats 2 pieces of bacon (using free-eat and regular action), and banks remaining action.

I'm thinking the best way to win this battle is by concentrating our firepower on one target at a time while keeping the others calmed. EXP is awarded by work done, not given on the kill, so there is no reason not to gang up on enemies.

The log for last turn seems to be missing either a banked action for Eric, or an attack by Eric on One.
Swodaems

Postby Intocabille_CZ » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:36 am

Swodaems wrote:I'm thinking the best way to win this battle is by concentrating our firepower on one target at a time while keeping the others calmed. EXP is awarded by work done, not given on the kill, so there is no reason not to gang up on enemies.

Question is, can you attack something more than 5 times if said target can attack only 4 times?
Intocabille_CZ

Postby BrimStone » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:40 am

[quote="MarbitChow"]
BrimStone (Guy the Intrepid) : {in B2} (free) eat, Equip bacon (max), Move S {to C2} (3 action), Attack Orb[/spoiler]

Marbit - I did eat and then equipped a new bacon, so that is why I thought I still had one in hand for this turn to eat.
BrimStone

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:47 am

Pace is definitely missing an attack, and I'll review the bacon situation. (Bacon: serious business.) Also, Apollo the Mystic/Stone Mason will be materializing at the end of this turn, and can place orders next turn.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 am

Intocabille_CZ wrote:Question is, can you attack something more than 5 times if said target can attack only 4 times?
Up to 3 attackers can attack 1 defender on each action. If each attacker has a banked action, 15 attacks can be made against a defender in a single turn.

Once ranged weapons are introduced, any number of ranged attackers can concentrate on a single defender, as long as there are no non-ranged attackers engaging it (and it hasn't closed to engage with melee).
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 am

MarbitChow wrote:
Intocabille_CZ wrote:Question is, can you attack something more than 5 times if said target can attack only 4 times?
Up to 3 attackers can attack 1 defender on each action. If each attacker has a banked action, 15 attacks can be made against a defender in a single turn.

Once ranged weapons are introduced, any number of ranged attackers can concentrate on a single defender, as long as there are no non-ranged attackers engaging it (and it hasn't closed to engage with melee).
So we could hit a single enemy with a maximum of 15 attack actions if we used banked actions or 12 if we just use regular actions.
Swodaems

Postby Intocabille_CZ » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:35 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Once ranged weapons are introduced, any number of ranged attackers can concentrate on a single defender, as long as there are no non-ranged attackers engaging it (and it hasn't closed to engage with melee).

How would that work? Shooting into different area? I mean it does not seem like moving to engage takes any time, so as soon as ranged unit enters hex with melee unit, they can engage in melee combat immediately.
Intocabille_CZ

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Intocabille_CZ wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:Once ranged weapons are introduced, any number of ranged attackers can concentrate on a single defender, as long as there are no non-ranged attackers engaging it (and it hasn't closed to engage with melee).
How would that work? Shooting into different area? I mean it does not seem like moving to engage takes any time, so as soon as ranged unit enters hex with melee unit, they can engage in melee combat immediately.
For defenders, attacking the aggressors as they enter the zone (which is really only good for the first action).
Paralyzed targets can be attacked at range until the paralysis breaks. Calmed targets can be hit by a single volley.
Defensive structures can prevent attackers from closing to melee.

The circumstances are somewhat limited, but that's intentional, since I don't want ranged weapons to be completely "overpowered", as they are IRL.

You won't be able to shoot across zones.
MarbitChow

Postby Alternative13 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:57 pm

MarbitChow wrote:For defenders, attacking the aggressors as they enter the zone (which is really only good for the first action).

So are the Green Orbs ranged attackers or would they have gotten an additional free attack if they were? Does that trigger for each invader separately? It seems hard to imagine the sequence of events.
Alternative13

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Alternative13 wrote:So are the Green Orbs ranged attackers or would they have gotten an additional free attack if they were? Does that trigger for each invader separately?
If the orbs had ranged attacks (and greater intelligence), they could all have attacked a single individual. The number of attacks they get doesn't change - just the available targets.

No one is in melee combat until they make a melee attack, or are targeted by a melee attack. Once one of those conditions occurs, they *are* in melee combat until they flee or all attackers targeting them are neutralized (calmed / paralyzed / killed).
MarbitChow

Postby BrimStone » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Marbit, I found what happened. My eat action got recorded after my move and healed me. I ate first then grabbed one, I should have 9 hits left instead of 10.
BrimStone

Postby 0beron » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:43 am

MarbitChow wrote:I said that before I allowed scouts to Forage for XP. Cross a zone and forage (regular instead of as a free action) and you gain 4 XP, and I don't have to worry about resolving what it means to be 'between zones'.
You already very clearly resolved that, by stating previously that we were still in the starting zone until all 3 actions were completed.
Werebiscuit wrote:I'm sorry 0beron but I think it makes more sense and brings Scout more into line with the rest of the professions
From an XP perspective this actually doesn't change Scout at all, rather it's nerf to everyone across the board from a tactical perspective. It means we can no longer launch strong 5-action attacks when we know an enemy is waiting, and we cross long distances more slowly. I know the map is pretty small at the moment, but I'm sure in time it will grow and the difference between crossing 4 zones in 4 versus 3 turns matters.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:00 am

Hyde will wait to see if orb 3 is calmed then attack orb 5 with Guy if orb 3 is calm or keep distracting orb 3 by attacking it if it is still angry.
Can he free eat his bacon during the fight or do I need to specify an eat action ? If he can he will eat it after all attacks
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:37 am

Sorry for the lack of responses lately. Bumping this now.

1) There were 3 mushrooms harvest and eaten in the Mushroom / Pig zone (B2). People who consumed bacon in C2 get their bacon back.

2) 0beron is completely correct. I retract what I said about eliminating the ability to partially cross a zone.

I'm going to add the clarification that movement isn't something that you can partially complete - it's not like construction. If you attempt to cross a zone border, you will use up all of your remaining actions to do so, including banked actions, automatically. If you don't have enough actions to complete the move, then you can continue next round, but you can't bank an action and partially start a move during the same turn.

3) If your character is in combat, the default order is to attack whatever is attacking you. If you don't supply orders for your character, this means that you will probably un-calm the hostile that was attacking you.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:19 am

MarbitChow wrote:I'm going to add the clarification that movement isn't something that you can partially complete - it's not like construction. If you attempt to cross a zone border, you will use up all of your remaining actions to do so, including banked actions, automatically. If you don't have enough actions to complete the move, then you can continue next round, but you can't bank an action and partially start a move during the same turn.

Thanks Marbit, that's a fair restriction.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games