Peace On Erf (CLOSED)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Peace On Erf (CLOSED)

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:20 pm

Yep. Carnymancer, Rhyme-o-mancer, signamancer, date-a-mancer, and dollamancer would all be very appropriate. So would moneymancer I suppose :P
Taikei no Yuurei
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:26 pm

I think Carnymancer, Rhyme-o-mancer, and Dollamancer would be most important.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:32 pm

I agree. Shame we know so very little about how rhyme-o-mancy works, and even carnymancy we don't know much beyond being 'the magic of rigging the game.' Lets see... I think the stabbers would have to be animated broomsticks? Or maybe that'd be the main dollamancy infantry.
Taikei no Yuurei

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Sorry for the delays everyone, I'm kind of trying to keep everyone together so I'm still just kind of waiting on someone that's still working on their turn 2...
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:04 pm

BEGIN THE WITCH HUNT!

I mean.... we're happy to patiently wait on them to catch up...
Taikei no Yuurei

Postby Kaed » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:59 pm

This is why you should not have so many players. You should start wedding out those who are not being even close to prompt
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:37 pm

That is exactly WHY I chose more people :P I figured someone would flake out.
Sir Shadow

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:14 pm

I like Sir Shadow's argument better. After all, if he'd only started with 3 people or so, and someone ended up getting dropped, he'd be down to two people slugging it out. But he has... what, 5, 6? So if someone drops... well, it kinda sucks, but it isn't like the game is over. And this early on... well, if there was someone else interested, they might be able to be run through the first 3 turns or so fairly quickly with a skype text chat or something to replace the person who is missing.

I'm guessing we're waiting on whirdcheese, since he hasn't been on for six days now. I think something might have come up with him, because he was also about to start running a game of his own. Could be he bit off more than he could chew, could be he lost power with all the storms that have been hitting the Eastern US, or his house burned up in the fires plaguing the Western US. Hopefully it's just the first and not something more serious, but at some point a call has to be made to move on without him, replace him, or move on a couple more turns and if he shows up, give him a chance to catch up and use some predictamancy to make sure that he doesn't run into us, and if not go back to the first two options. I don't know how close we are to each other, and thus how likely we are to actually meet up in our first half dozen turns or so.

I don't know how far into their turns everyone else is, and like I said, I don't know how close we actually are because my lookamancer hasn't found you guys yet, but I figure we might be able to go to turn 5 or so at least before a decision is made about whird, and if he shows back up he might just have to do a power session with Shadow to catch up to us.
Taikei no Yuurei

Postby Kaed » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:35 pm

I want my turn RIGHT NAO
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Exate » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:54 am

Kaed wrote:This is why you should not have so many players. You should start wedding out those who are not being even close to prompt
I don't think manipulating the romantic lives of his players is appropriate. Or relevant.

Is making jokes out of typos appropriate or relevant? You decide!

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:I don't know how far into their turns everyone else is, and like I said, I don't know how close we actually are because my lookamancer hasn't found you guys yet, but I figure we might be able to go to turn 5 or so at least before a decision is made about whird, and if he shows back up he might just have to do a power session with Shadow to catch up to us.
If this game runs similarly to Kaed's, sides can go 15+ turns before getting any information on each other. Having a Lookamancer probably reduces that figure substantially, because it means you could be spying on someone else's every move from the moment you find them. If the map is smaller or the players more aggressive, it goes down again.

On the other hand, he could be secretly running everyone in independent instances of Erfworld and just pretending you're all on the same map to mess with you. You'd never run into each other at all that way, and how would you be able to tell?
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby RandomWombat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Just dropping in to say I'm still around, and if it's me we're waiting on it means my reply some time ago didn't go through, so I'm unaware.
RandomWombat

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:09 pm

RandomWombat wrote:Just dropping in to say I'm still around, and if it's me we're waiting on it means my reply some time ago didn't go through, so I'm unaware.

Fairly sure it is whird since he hasn't been on for a few hours shy of a week now.
Taikei no Yuurei

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:55 pm

It's not you Wombat, in fact, you might be the furthest ahead
Sir Shadow

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:02 pm

still waiting on my turn update Shadow

*prods*
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:15 pm

So am I ;P
Sir Shadow

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:56 pm

... Well played, sir
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:09 pm

I suppose I am as well <_<
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:27 pm

THERE.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:16 pm

I see you're not pulling any punches :P
Sir Shadow

Postby Kaed » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:10 pm

For your entertainment, a scene from later on in this turn, of my ruler in this game :D

Spoiler: show
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games