Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Postby ETheBoyce » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Well if you need some more sides......
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:51 pm

I'll think about it. As it is these people are a handful.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Ninja'd!
Kaed beat me to it....he never planned to run a full game of 4, he only did it reluctantly because he got an assistant Titan...who was replaced by another, who also eventually vanished. So now that we're naturally down to 3 again, I wouldn't blame him at all for keeping it that way.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:01 pm

As it happens you three are the ones who are interesting to play with anyway, and usually the most prompt.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Exate » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Flattery will get you everywhere, Kaed.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Some of you are more prompt than others, however.

cough
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:22 pm

I think I still need to properly establish Daphnes a bit more. I was a bit rushed in making my side due to my entering as a barbarian right when the game started, so not the most thought put into characterisation. I've mostly been winging it, but now that I have a capital and an ally (yay) I plan to make Daphnes the royal he was meant to be.

Course, after that last moment of pan-handling, it's gonna take a bit of work.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Kaed » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:46 pm

ALL HAIL KING OF THE PANHANDLERS
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:54 pm

I knew I shouldn't have, I could sense it wasn't the right time, but I thought why not go for broke and up my production faster. As for Daphnes, I'll chalk it up to not being that great a diplomat. I'll be hoping for a Trammenis-esque heir I think. So many incarnations of Zelda have appeared though. I could have the brash pirate queen, the cold twilight princess, or the ditzy magpie from Minish Cap. Joy.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Exate » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:52 am

So, do other rulers have cryptic but probably prophetic/clairvoyant dreams, or is that just the esteemed Sultan Shahryar, whose wisdom and foresight clearly exceeds even the prodigious limits which he is consciously aware of?

Also, has anyone tried to assassinate either of you yet?
Exate

Postby 0beron » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:01 am

No, even as Royals we act with enough decency that our subjects haven't felt any desire to assassinate us :p At least, speaking for Victoria.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:04 am

Daphnes feels safe in that regard too, though my courtier may not be safe from House I'm pretty sure of that. Racist caster.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:12 am

Actually there might just be a natural hatred between Courtiers and Casters in that case....cus my caster hates Nalga too! (Although that's more Nalga's unintentional fault than it is a result of class/race haha)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Courtiers are sort of inherently slimy in most cases. I think only one courtier in the game right now is not following his own agenda, and that's because he's pretty much somewhere between a doormat and a wet paper bag. A caster hates him too.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:59 pm

*contemplates the above revelation, and decides not to comment on the possible implications*
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:02 pm

What? >>
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Exate » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:31 pm

I think the Sultan had a bit of musing on this a while back. Might as well share it, or at least the parts which don't say much about the context.

His Magnificence Sultan Shahryar, Favored of the Titans wrote:Courtly games came so naturally to even the practical sort of courtier. Sultan Shahryar could see in them the seed of something useful- for a prosperous side with many commanders jockeying for position, where displayed cunning could lead some to rise to prominence and thus benefit the side more. They were even a form of training, for those who might be called upon as ambassadors and have need of a background that let them turn one side against another on the strength of their words and implications.

Basically, courtiers are naturally given to scheming and often-vicious social conflict because that sort of personality is more likely to produce a stronger side overall than if the side's courtiers are all unimaginative, unified, and selflessly loyal. Those personality traits are for infantry. Courtiers are popped for nasty social wars full of backstabbing and maneuver and have personalities to match.

...or maybe that's just my courtiers. I love them anyway; they're good units. Will pop more when I can.
Exate

Postby Lord of Monies » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:58 pm

0beron, I suspect Kaed may have been talking about Wrenn, my courtier? I like Wrenn, though I do wish he would stand up for himself a bit more. Maybe I don't see it because I'm the ruler, and what I say goes so he wouldn't dare question me? Still, House will eat him alive at this rate.

Btw, if we're basically the only 3 active sides left, then what happened to Kevin? Are you controlling him now Kaed? That would make things trickier for me perhaps.
Lord of Monies

Postby Koliup » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:18 am

I'm still in this, and my name isn't Kevin.
I just haven't been getting updates, and don't know how to help flesh out my side.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Lord of Monies » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:40 am

You're not Kevin, but there is another side led by a Kevin. Daphnes has met him before...and in general it didn't end well exactly.
Lord of Monies

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games