Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Sir Shadow wrote:Google Docs would probably be the easiest.

EDIT: I have faced several tense situations in my game, but I worry that I am about to face my most challenging yet o___o;

PvP!
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Ha, no I'm totally prepared for that. What I'm not prepared for inner-Side politics D:
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby GWvsJohn » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:59 am

Turn today? Pretty please :)
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:10 am

*sigh* I'm spoiling you guys way too much...do you have any idea how long it took Kaed to bring ME to turn 10?
The problem is I had a busy weekend and didn't feel like doing scouting work...so Sir Shadow is the one holding us up, through no fault of his own haha.
I might start Turn 11 anyway, and just play catchup with him tonight once I'm home and have Hexographer, since you ask so nicely :p
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:30 am

You're on turn 10 already?! Damn, you must be running yourself ragged. Well played sir.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:38 am

*shrugs* nah not too bad, I just get in a good rhythm, and I have found a lot of helpful tricks to streamline the process. But yeah, there are times like over the weekend when I just wail and curse the existence of scouts haha.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Exate » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:53 am

Wow, that is fast. I don't know that I could take the kind of pace you're using here without reducing everything to two-sentence flavor blurbs and lists of orders. I rarely send more than one PM in any given 24-hour period, and usually take a few days to write up something decent. And perhaps most importantly, as someone who has been known to drop off the forums for a couple weeks at a time, Kaed- who also drops off the forums for weeks without warning- is more my speed as a GM, I think.

I trust you guys are having a blast, though. A turn every two days must be crazy. You'll have proper wars raging before much longer, I'm sure!
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:58 am

Well I think Kaed is more the sit down and plot and write sort. I just come up with things on the fly during a lull at work or in my spare time at home. I'd say each real message (excluding one sentence clarifying questions/answers) takes me about 5-10 minutes though, maybe more if it involves a battle or other calculations, and each turn involves usually...2-3 such messages per player.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 pm

0beron wrote:Well I think Kaed is more the sit down and plot and write sort. I just come up with things on the fly during a lull at work or in my spare time at home. I'd say each real message (excluding one sentence clarifying questions/answers) takes me about 5-10 minutes though, maybe more if it involves a battle or other calculations, and each turn involves usually...2-3 such messages per player.

Yeah not to spoil much but my game actually has an overarching story and purpose behind it. You will figure it out eventually, and some of you have little clues already.

Don't assume you can figure out what is going to happen though, with what any of you know. All the pieces are not even in play yet. :D
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:15 pm

I'm slightly insulted at the implication that mine doesn't -_- Just because I have the extra free time, and a different creative process doesn't mean my game is any less developed or thought out.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:58 pm

Sorry then! I guess I made some unfair assumptions.

Kinda wish I was in your game admittedly, if only because it's evidently faster than shadow's >.>
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:12 pm

No worries, its really more a matter of having more time than it seems you or Shadow have. That and I have a very "fast" imagination which has been well exercised from 4 years as a D&D dungeon master (same campaign the whole time) haha.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Hey! I'm pretty sure mine is still faster than yours :P

But unlike Oberon, I have a life <_<;;;

EDIT: Honestly, it's the scouting that is doing me in too lol... XD
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:25 pm

A Titan never forgets annnnyyyything :twisted:
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Sir Shadow wrote:Hey! I'm pretty sure mine is still faster than yours :P

But unlike Oberon, I have a life <_<;;;

EDIT: Honestly, it's the scouting that is doing me in too lol... XD

As a random outside observer, scouting did in a lot of the old cooperative hex-by-hex tactical games. The solution we sort of ended up settling on before such games fell by the wayside was to use a sort of line-of-sight "autoscout" method for GM sanity.

(Speaking of which, I'd be interested in such a game if someone GMd it. It feels like ages since such a game's been around.)
WaterMonkey314

Postby Kaed » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:55 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:use a sort of line-of-sight "autoscout" method for GM sanity.

I actually sort of hate that idea, it is laziness and somewhat negates the point of stealth trickiness.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:05 pm

I'm not sure how precisely Kaed is managing it in his game, since I have yet to pop any scouts, but in my game it's assumed that (barring magic or stealth) scouts see the terrain of adjacent hexes and know if an enemy is there before they enter. The type of terrain limits how much info they have about the enemy.
As for the auto-scouting, I went with kind of a happy medium. I figured out the maximum radius that 6 scouts could collectively survey in a single turn using this adjacent-hex vision, as well as the maximum radius they can scout by checking every single hex personally (to get more info). So unless the players give different scouting orders, the scouts can sweep that radius each turn.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm not sure how the rest of your games are going, but I'm pretty happy with mine. The Arkenbazooka is wicked powerful :)
GWvsJohn

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:28 am

Arkenbazooka? I prefer my ArkenAbacus. Screw the rules, I have Schmuckers.
Sir Shadow

Postby ETheBoyce » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:56 am

Note to self: Murder other players with Dwagon, acquire Arkentools
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games