Proposed Canon
When an attacking force takes the Garrison of a city, they conquer that city. All remaining defending forces have shackles popped upon them, ceasing hostilities in favor of the conquering force, though commanders are able to become fugitives.
After conquering a city, an invading force can choose some of the following options:
- claim the city for their own Side
- sack it (reduce it below a Level 1 City, destroying it for the moment)
- loot the treasury and any other goods in the city
- leave the city intact and in posession of its owners
- execute the prisoners
- attempt to turn the prisoners
Even if the owning side didn't have any units in the city, they will still know the name of the side that conquered it.