Proposed Canon
- Can tell whether or not taking a particular shot will have enough Numbers to hit and can choose not to take the shot if it won't.
- Can peer into Fate to see what is supposed to happen in the future, reveal prophecies, and advise on the best steps to take in response.
- Findamancers and Predictamancers in the Magic KingdomErf-b1-p013 together forged a SpellErf-b1-p005 that was supposed to summon the "Perfect Warlord".
 Known Predictamancers
- Marie Lavraie: A predictamancer from FAQ responsible for many plot central predictions.
- Delphie Temple of Goodminton, croaked
- Maya Calendar of Haffaton, croaked
- Phillip of the Magic Kingdom
 Natural Predictamancy
Intuition is said to be a natural form of Predictamancy that allows units to dimly, subconsciously, perceive their Fate in LIAB Text 38. Battlespace determinations is said to be Natural Predictamancy in IPTSF Text 27.
 Predictamancy and causality
Fate is believed to be controlled by the Titans. Fate is planned up to a point, but every once in a while, there comes a very important turn where something must be decided, such as when Parson needed to decide how to react to being reinstated as Chief Warlord. Once said decision has been made, the Titans continue planning out their story from there.
Predictamancy works by peering into the Titans' great plan or anything else that has similarly already been decided. For example, when a unit is in production, Erfworld has probably already decided what it is going to look like before it actually pops. Predictamancy allows you to see the information that is currently hidden from everyone else, but will be revealed in time.
Fate enforces a Prediction like a railroading or even cheating game master through subtle manipulation of behind the scenes mechanics, resulting in a suspicious number of "coincidences". It can do so via Luckamancy, the design of a newly popped unit, and has apparently even been shown to be capable of tampering with Parson's Mathamancy Bracer and causing a burning beam to drop on his head when he tried to take an action it desperately didn't like. It probably nudges units into making certain decisions through intuition in a manner similar to a suggestion spell.
 Defying A Prediction
With a great deal of difficulty, it is indeed possible to defeat Fate. The easiest way is by cheating it through Carnymancy. This results in a conflict between the two.
For example, it is speculated that Sylvia was Fated to croak, but that Jojo's Carnymancy kept her alive every time her Fate tried to fulfill itself, at least until she pushed her luck too far.
Similarly, when Parson was trying to determine the odds of successfully casting a Carnymancy scroll, the results were bizarre. Some force tampered with his bracer, making it say zero to dissuade him from trying. But the "true" odds would still appear briefly. Parson blamed the glitched results on being "railroaded by two different GMs", probably meaning that the Titans tried to make his bracer say zero to keep him in Erfworld, but Charlie's Carnymancy allowed the "true", unmanipulated odds to appear for a brief instant.
Even without Carnymancy, it is still possible to fight or even defeat Fate, but this results in a backlash against the person to resist their fate, causing an event that they like even less to occur.
 Defying Fate Without Punishment
Beating Fate usually has consequences. Even with Carnymancy involved, Fate will still struggle to fulfill itself. But since Fate is presumably controlled by the Titans, it may be possible to change their minds by doing something so awesome, that they are willing to change their plans. For example, while technically unrelated to prophecies, at the end of Book 1, Parson gave a big speech to "Erfworld", that resulted in the deactivation of the Boop filter, possibly because Parson had successfully impressed them.
 Predictions that have proven accurate
- Marie Lavraie predicted that Faq would fall some day.Erf-b1-p082
- Marie Lavraie predicted that Jillian would become the Queen of Faq someday.
- Marie Lavraie determined the order in which cities of Faq were veiled by the Foolamancer.Erf-b1-p107
- Marie Lavraie predicted that Wanda would take possession of an Arkentool and attune to it.Erf-b1-p143
- Marie Lavraie predicted that Janis would stack with Parson Erf-b2-p67
- Delphie Temple predicted that Wanda would have Olive Branch as her Chief Caster. inner-peace-through-superior-firepower-–-episode-009
- Delphie Temple predicted that Goodminton would not conquer Haffaton, and that if Wanda continued to talk "she will bring ruin to Goodminton" inner-peace-through-superior-firepower-–-episode-010
- Delphie Temple predicted that a unit named Jillian (or Gillian) would arrive at the ruins of Goodminton.
- Maya Calendar predicted that Jillian would croak the ruler of Haffaton.