- Creation of:
- Moving and digging through solid stone.
- Creating and healing golems.
- Creation of booby traps. (Could be solely the application of enhanced digging or tunneling abilities.)
- Construction and demolition of buildings and similar battlefield engineering tasks. (Could be solely the application of enhanced digging or tunneling abilities.)
- Alteration of terrain type. (Accomplished by a Dirtamancer linked by a Thinkamancer to a Croakamancer.)
A dirtamancer is also known to give a substantial combat bonus to Dirtamancy golems under his or her command - unusual in that there are few other cases in which a caster can provide a leadership bonus.
A dirtamancer present in the city at the time of an upgrade also substantially reduces the cost.
A dirtamancer that is present when a city upgrades dictates the look of the city and the livery (if any) present within.