Law of Erfworld
Revision as of 03:24, 27 September 2012 by Jszellmer
This is an attempt to formulate the Laws of Physics for Erfworld:
The laws of Conservation
- An equal amount of juice going into a spell results in an equal amount of magic being stored.
- An equal number of Shmuckers being spent produces something with the same value of Shmuckers.
- example: a gem worth 10,000 shmuckers is created by converting 10,000 shmuckers through Moneymancy.
- Numbers can neither be created nor destroyed; they can only change form.
- Corollary One: Mathamancy can describe Numbers, but may not directly change Numbers.
- Corollary Two: For every change in Luckamancy, there is an equal and opposing change in Luckamancy.
The laws of Entropy (like the 2nd law of Thermodynamics)
- If you replace Motion with Juice through Croakamancy, eventually the Juice will be used up moving the croaked unit.
- The amount of juice used when casting from a scroll is always less than the amount of juice used to create the scroll, the rest being lost to 'storing' the spell in scroll form.
- Example: If Y is the cost in juice to cast a Croakamancy spell and Z is the juice cost of the same spell in Scroll form, then Z - Y = X, the amount of juice 'lost' to storing that spell in scroll form. Thus the total amount of juice is conserved, while accounting for the fact that a scroll costs more in juice than its conventionally cast equivalent.
- The amount of Shmuckers produced by a city is in inverse proportion to the number of cities a side controls.
The law(s) of Similarity
- Similar spells cause similar effects, even if the spells are from different disciplines.
- Predictamancy sees Event X.
- Mathamancy calculates that Event X has a given probability of occurring.
- Thinkamancy figures Event X will occur by studying cause and effect that allowed Event X to occur in the past or by putting themselves into another person's shoes and deciding what they would do in the other person's place.
- Dollamancy Molls and Dirtamancy Rock Golems are both made from stone.
Law of Contagion (rules regarding 'connections' between units and objects)
- All units are bound to their ruler through Natural Thinkamancy, such as Loyalty, Duty and Obedience.
- All units are connected to other units through Grandiocosmic Strings.
- These connections can be manipulated through the use of Thinkamancy, Turnamancy and other external factors.