|Natural Magic, Caster, Caster link, Juice, Scroll, Magic Item, Spell, Grandiocosmic Strings, Nodes|
| Oh dear, it seems this article isn't up to scratch and could use some improvement. You can help Erfwiki by .
Article still missing many different types of natural magic.
In Erfworld, pretty much *all* abilities to effect the environment, people, or things is thought of as some form of magic. Thus, any unit which is not a Caster but is able to do things to alter its environment without "casting spells" is using "natural magic."
In short, natural magic is the innate "magical" ability that some animals, people, etc, have to create effects related to that type of magic.
A real world stock broker then, would be using some sort of natural Moneymancy and so on.
There is debate, both in the fandom and within the canon itself, as to what types of "natural magic" exist, and what area of magic a certain thing falls under. For instance, Jack and Wanda have discussed the question of whether or not love is a form of natural magic. Jack believes that it is not.
What follows is a list of abilities, actions, or things which are considered to fairly canonically possess natural magic. After that, a list that is more speculative follows.
- Natural Dirtamancy:
- City building and upgrading
- Natural Dollamancy:
- Natural Flower Power:
- Love (debated) LIAB Text 10
- Whether Love is a form of Natural Magic was debated by Jack and Wanda. Per the Proposed Canon (above), Natural magic is defined as all/any abilities for a thing or person to affect the environment, people, or things. Wanda has asserted that she sees Love as a form of Natural Magic ergo she views Love as a Magic which eminates from one being and affects another being's feelings of Love for a subject. Jack has asserted that Love is not Magic ergo he views Love as a force that eminates within a being and affects how that being feels independent of Magic from the subject of that Love or another third party.
- It is easy to see why Wanda would make this statement from her past actions. She has used a combination of physical appearance (Foolamancy) and a Suggestion Spell (Thinkamancy) to make herself perceived to be something other than she *is* to affect the feelings of another, Zamussels, and then heighten those feelings. When this failed, she treated its subject as someone who had jilted her Love as opposed to overcome her spell. Wanda appears to hold greater care for her personal desire of how others *should feel* above the other beings actually do feel. Hence she confuses her attachment to her desires with actual Love of another being and ergo thinks that Love is something that one being can in essence inflict on another (which may play into her BDSM appearance.)
- Both from Erfworld and Earth, it is easy to see examples where Love eminates entirely from within a being without the subject that the Love is for, or any other being, having any awareness the Love exists. Hence it is probable that Jack, the foolamancer who experiences keenly the difference between *desire for foolamancy (mere appearance)* (which makes the object/viewer feel good) from *Love of what is* (which is care for subject/other), has a clearer vision than Wanda on this subject. (Note: it is possible for an object (self) to Love a subject (which is also self) for what it really *is* and this need not be confused with personal desire.)
- Natural Healomancy:
- Natural Moneymancy:
- Natural Predictamancy:
- Intuition LIAB Text 38
- Natural Rhyme-o-mancy
- Natural Signamancy:
- Love (debated) LIAB Text 10
- Natural Stuffamancy:
- Resizing objects like Eyebooks and weapons for one's personal use
- Natural Thinkamancy