Revision as of 18:25, 6 June 2009 by SteveMB
|Three uncroaked infantry and a twoll are standing stationary in a small clearing in a forest. The twoll is sitting on a log, looking restless.|||
|Twoll: I hate ending turn out in the open field, y'know? I feel like one tasty target.|||
|Two yellow streaks, the color of a gwiffon or perhaps Jillian's hair, flash across the panel.|||
|The twoll stares at his uncroaked companions, which now number two instead of the earlier three.|||
|Frowning in concentration while counting on his fingers, the twoll struggles to figure out what has changed about his soldiers.|||
|Twoll: I can count to three... One... Two...|||
|Jillian and her gwiffon swoop down on top of the twoll. Jillian smiles gleefully as the gwiffon's mouth gnarms open into a marshmallowy maw.|||
Jillian Zamussels: Three.Gwiffon: MWARRRH
|Jillian beckons with her sword, and her troop of orlies swoop down on the two remaining uncroaked, pecking at their eyes.|||
|Orlies: ORLY? ORLY? YARLY! LOL|||
|Frowning in concentration with her tongue sticking out, Jillian writes something on a scroll using a long quill pen. She's still sitting on her gwiffon.|||
|Sound: kritch skritch|||
|Jillian drops the letter she wrote into the magic hat that Prince Ansom gave her.|||
|Letter: X -1214 Y +455 3 INF, 1 TWOLL CROKD, NO CAS|||
|Jillian bends down over the magic hat with the letter in it and taps the hat with a magic wand.|||
|Back in his tent, Prince Ansom is sitting at a small table writing a note. His battle armor sits on a stand nearby. A magic hat sitting upside-down on the desk starts to shake.|||
|Ansom waves a magic wand over his own magic hat. The letter appears inside.|||
|Now in full armor, Prince Ansom is holding the letter and looking concerned. He's facing, Sir Webinar, a nondescript unit in yellow armor.|||
Please be careful.Sir Webinar: Yes, Highness.
|We get a full view of Webinar's task force: four cloth golems (two bears, a giraffe, and an elephant), two tchotchkes (a unicorn and a cat), and another yellow-clad Jetstone soldier mounted atop a grizzled purple sourmander.|||
She doesn't know you're coming.But she might be very grateful.
- ^ Introduction: Common Uncroaked infantry are seen for the first time. They are notable as they are skeletons, whereas uncroaked units seen later are more zombie-like, retaining at least some of their orignal flesh.
- ^ "Hoffa" references the notorious disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa. Hoffa is possibly the most famous individual to disappear without a trace in North America. The word would be used in the comic in the sense of making something disappear.
- ^ "Livingston" references Dr. David Livingston, the famous British explorer. Dr. Livingston was found by journalist and explorer Henry Morton Stanley while in Africa, and greeted with the famous quote, "Dr. Livingston, I presume." Given that Livingston was the only white man within a thousand miles, he had a high probability of being correct. In the context of the comic strip, the name would be a reference to finding something, or in this case, make it appear out of nowhere.
- ^ Introduction: Sir Webinar is seen for the first time. His name is a reference to the term "webinar" (web seminar).
- ^ Introduction: Dora is seen for the first time. Her name is a possible reference to the character "Dora the Explorer" from the Nickelodeon animated series of that name.