A place for discussion and peaceful debate
Article started on 2009/04/30. -- Muzzafar 10:33, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
I am not sure whether we should include links or not. -- Muzzafar 10:33, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
What if we organized it by TURNS rather than by pages? This seems more practical, and would also help to make the plot more coherently game-like. I.E.:
Turn 1, Royal Crown Coalition's turn. Marbits croak Manpower the Temporary. Wanda Firebaugh Uncroaks Manpower and requests permission from Stanley to purchase a Summon spell. Jillian Zamussels and her Barbarians break alliance with the Royal Crown Coalition in order to go on a scouting mission on the following day.
Night, no one's turn.
Turn 2, Barbarians' turn. Jillian Zamussels croaks a Twoll and 3 Uncroaked units in the field.
Turn 3, Gobwin Knob's turn. Stanley captures Jillian Zamussels with a stack of Dwagons, Wanda Firebaugh summons Parson Gotti.
Obviously there'd be more detail per turn, but you probably get the idea. What do you guys think? -- Varthonai 8:13, 3 May 2009 (GMT -6)
It will probably get unmanageable before it reaches page 20. :/ -- Muzzafar 10:38, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- Yeap, might as well create a separate article for every page right now. Just not sure about numbering. -- Muzzafar 10:44, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- Done that. --Muzzafar 10:51, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
I wonder if there is a way to create a (more or less automated) template for scrolling forward and backwards between pages? -- Muzzafar 11:23, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- Yes Tv tropes did something similar with its categories, although that maybe different wiki software --Doran 10:26, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure there's a way to do it with this software without getting an extension. I've looked through the various means I've got in the templates and the only thing we can try is manually updating an array in a template which would then sort through the array to have the first/prev/next/last options.--Ichthus 17:58, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- I've figured it out. I'm pretty sure I can rig something up, but we absolutely must have the ParserFunctions extension installed. Otherwise, start moving the comic as sub-pages of Page Annotation such as Page Annotation\1\1 for book one page one. With that formatting (and presuming I can get Rob to install the extension) I can make a prev/next template to put at the bottom which will automatically set itself to the correct pages. --Ichthus 16:07, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
This is a lot of work. And is it really of use to anyone? Just link the comics where necessary. Considering how little there is in each panel, describing panel by panel is also excessive. Wouldn't a quick description of the comic as a whole suffice? And before you do this, shouldn't you make sure Jamie and Rob are fine with it? There might be copyright issues. --Kreistor 15:30, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- Kreistor, it's Rob's idea, so there won't be a problem with copyright. As for panel by panel, I think a direct transcript section, like Darths and Droids would suffice, and only list individual panels, for direct annotation, e.g. speculation, comments, real world references etc. Rob also mentioned he may give out a lot more world knowledge, so that could be put there as well, if they're not intended to be toolbox only. --Doran 16:38, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
- No problem. Just wanted to make certain. But still, before going all out like this, we should consider a simpler, shorter, and faster format. This is just a huge amount of work.--Kreistor 17:11, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
Rather than have a manually entered list of pages at the bottom, I think that this should be made a category. After all, listing pages is exactly what categories were made for. Perhaps Category:Annotated Pages or similar. :) —RevenantTalk 16:38, 2 May 2009 (UTC)