Tower of Efdup
The Tower of Efdup was a structure in the Garrison of Gobwin Knob. It somewhat resembled an air traffic control tower with a spire on top.Erf-b1-p023 The Tower was considered a zone of the garrison for the purpose of Unit Movement. It could only be attacked from Airspace and other Garrison zones.Erf-b1-p116a It provided a bonus to CastersErf-b1-p116a, though the specifics were never revealed.
The tower consisted of several distinctive sections:
- a section above ground level up to a round observation platform
- the observation platform and parapet
- a spire above the observation platform
All three sections were connected by a round staircase.Erf-b1-p026
The section above ground level and up to a round observation platform contained:
- the situation roomErf-b1-p045
The observation platform contained:
- an office for the Ruler
- a parapet that was used for observationErf-b1-p023
- a room where the summoning spell was castErf-b1-p017 and Erf-b1-p023
The spire above the observation platform contained:
- living quarters for some units, including ParsonErf-b1-p035 and probably WandaErf-b1-p074
- four spikes, on which dragons perchedErf-b1-p031 Erf-b1-p035
Parson lured Prince Ansom to the parapet under pretense of accepting Parson's surrender.Erf-b1-p130 Surrendering Parson turned out to be Bogroll in disguise, who knocked Ansom from his flying carpet and they both fell down to their death.Erf-b1-p131
The Second Tower of EfdupGobwin Knob, Stanley paid to have the city repaired to level 5. This included a new tower, with a completely new look. The new tower, unlike the original, is square, stately, and symmetrical. It still has a large number of stairs.
Real World References
The name is probably a pun on "The Tower of F'd Up", or more colloquially, it's an "F'ed up Tower".