A Turn is a period of time, in which certain actions may be taken by a Side. It is not the same thing as the beginning of the Day.
(For information about mechanics of defecting to an enemy side, see Turning.)
(For the magical discipline see Turnamancy.)
Acting on Turn
Each day is divided up into a series of Turns, and each Side gets a single Turn per day. There is a natural turn order, resulting in a cyclic turn order. (Eg. Side A will always move before Side B, who will move before Side C, then night will pass and Side A moves again.) Note that alliances affect Turn order.
If multiple Sides ally, they take turns simultaneously, on the Turn of the last ally. For instance, using the example above, if Side A allies with Side C, then Side B will take Turn before Sides A and C, who take Turn simultaneously. If Sides A and B ally, they will both still take Turn before Side C, but they will do so simultaneously instead of consecutively.
At the beginning of Turn:
- All Units heal.Erf-b1-p046a
- Rations pop.Erf-b1-p037 and Erf-b1-p106
- Corpses of the Side coming on Turn disappear.Erf-b1-p077a
During its Turn, a Unit may:
Ending a Turn
If a Chief Warlord refuses to end the Side's Turn, the Turn will eventually end on its own (IPTSFP 77).
Acting on Another Side's Turn
- Defend itself from attack
- Attack enemies only when enemies are in its hex.
- Cast Spells only when enemies are in its hex.
- Automatically attack when in contact with non-allied units, unless a commander is present.
- Use Natural Abilities.
- Change position within its hex (e.g. Lord Hamster's many redeployments during the Battle for Gobwin Knob)
It appears that the length of day is not limited, and so neither is the length of a turn. This makes it useless to hold your end of turn for longer than necessary, because the sun won't set until everyone has finished their Turn. Besides, the turn will eventually end on its own (IPTSFP 77).
Turnamancy may affect the Turn in some way. It has been noted that it can, in fact, be used to end an opposing side's turn prematurely. What other uses it may have in this respect are unclear.
- 1. Carpool
- 2. Transylvito and JillianErf-b1-p104
- 3. CharlesCommErf-b1-p104
- 4. Gobwin Knob
- 5. Royal Crown Coalition