Proposed Canon
- Increased Production Efficiency:
With the help of a Turnamancer, Charlescomm can pop archons 3 per 2 turns, instead of the normal 1/turn, and Faq pops a Royal Heir in 40 turns instead of 60. This effect may be a sort of time warp (a slowing/speeding effect). Note that, in all known cases, having a Turnamancer reduces production times to two-thirds of what they are without a Turnamancer; this may be a constant ratio.
A Turnamancer can work on a prisoner over time, decreasing Loyalty and Duty to their Ruler and making a conversion to the Capturing side more likely. Turnamancy can also counter Loyalty spells preventing a voluntary turning.
- Turn Alterations
End another side's turn (after a brief warning).LIAB 21 This is quite a powerful ability, unrecognized by the Erfworlders who witnessed its use at the Siege of Spacerock.LIAB 35 Vanna accomplished this while linked with Charlie, a Thinkamancer. The long-distance link and the turn-ending spell itself may only have been possible due to Charlie's use of (and attunement to) the Arkendish.
- Off-Turn Movement
Parson made note of actions which can and cannot be performed off-turn, with advice from Jack Snipe. According to Jack, units cannot normally move into other hexes off-turn, due to having zero Move. However, Turnamancers are capable of creating an 'exception' to this rule, which has yet to be fully explained.LIAB 33a
- Turnamancers can make self-powered vehicles, which have many of the benefits of constructed units like golems, but function as item. Only Turnamancers can make these vehicles, though how they do this has not been revealed. One could infer, however, that this is a reference to clockwork machinery, as gears, belts, and other mechanical parts all 'turn'.
 Known Turnamancers
- Vanna, formerly in service to Unaroyal, now working for Faq on contract, paid by Charlescomm.
- Tina, as mentioned in IPTSF_Text_52 is probably a Turnamancer (both from the context and from the Tina Turner reference). TBC.
There are two known examples of the turnamancy speedup; the first is increasing 1 Archon / Turn to 3 Archons / 2 Turns. The second is increasing 1 Royal Heir / 60 Turns to 1 Royal Heir / 40 Turns. Both of these are consistent with the idea of the Turnamancer "storing" their turn on the first turn, then granting the stored turn to the city on the next turn. This may be how Turnamancers do it. Turnamancers may also be able to "steal" another unit's turn in battle, effectively paralysing both units.
If Turnamancy can slow time, this could be useful not only for popping units, but allow Regents to complete rounds and still have time for actions, or have direct military application.
Alternatively, it may be an effect not on how long a turn lasts but what can happen in that turn; possibly increasing production values and income. It may also be possible for a stack led by a Turnamancer to move farther and/or perform more actions/attacks per turn.
A master class turnamancer (or two, linked) may be able to skip an opposing side's turn.
Natural Turnamancy may be how turn order is decided.
People often comment that Turnamancy appears to be a combination of two unrelated spheres of magic: loyalty and time. It grates against common sense to see a sphere of magic based upon a homonym, pun, or turn of phrase. Actually this may be a clue as to the fundamental nature of erfworld. It may be that to its very core erfworld's logic is derivative of certain aspects of English speaking Earth culture rather than having an internal logic of its own.
- It is possible that Turnamancy decreasing a unit's loyalty is merely increasing the rate at which it changes based on other factors. Wanda Firebaugh and other units have been confirmed and implied (respectively) to have the ability to cause or coerce a unit to go against their loyalty (giving up information and possibly turning sides) without the use of non- Natural Thinkamancy. Therefore, it is a necessary conceit that some offensive form of Natural Thinkamancy (or a similar, undefined mechanism) is able to affect loyalty, from which it is a simple extension to believe that this process may be what Turnamancy expedites.