2018 Halloween Competition Results
Good evening lords and ladies, the time has finally come... to announce the winners of this year's Halloween competition!
You brought us delights and deliriums, nightmares and naughtiness. The judges had to hatchet through a terrible thicket of discord and despair to arrive at these, the final results which I will present without further ado and with no more delay (no matter how much begging and pleading is involved).
- 1st Some Halloween fun by Stargazer
- 2nd Gargs vs. Goyles by cloudbreaker
- 3rd Make a Wish and Take a Bite by No one in particular
- Honorable Mention: Snow Bunny by HighJumper
- 1st The Rotten Vault of Hallowee by MrH
- 2nd The Thing on the Garrison by Falcon X
- 3rd Thinking With Portal by Omnimancer
- Honorable Mention: Edge by Twofer
- Participation: Snippets from a Burned Book by Horatio Von Becker
- Participation: Stormy Knight by cloudbreaker
- 1st Minecraft Transylvito! by cloudbreaker
- 2nd Halloween shockmancy by fulnitus
- Honorable mention: Yarn Manpower by Windterra Yarns, via Alkimodon
- 1st Doombats Are Leaving by HighJumper
- 2nd untitled by Seanfish
- 3rd Twelve Days of Marching (In the Same Swamp Hex) by Ganurath
Oh, but what did our courageous contestants win, you may ask? Well, thanks to the ghastly generosity of the Erfworld community, the participants have won:
- 1st place of 2,592
- 2nd place of 1,296
- 3rd place of 648
- Honorable Mention of 583
First, second and third places also win a fabulous gem from Cryptomancer's quarry!
And to everyone who was brave enough to participate, you don't go home empty handed! Well, assuming you got out of this with both hands. Runners up will be awarded 500 by Nimmi.
2019 Halloween Competition Announcement
This year we had a lot of enthusiasm and not enough time. In their infinite wisdom, the Judges have deemed it wise to announce 2019's Halloween Competition, this time hosted by Salvage! (Hopefully he does not betray me)... and an entirely new one! That's right, a second annual competition is about to be popped, and you can help decide what it's all about!
I hear today is a day of some vote-doing in certain parts of the world, so while you're doing that, consider voting on the 2019 Competition Announcement and Poll to pick the Theme or Holiday of the new competition.
Last but certainly not least, we'd like to give thanks to the generous donations of: Lipkin, Salvage, KaylasDad, Cloudbreaker, Gohei, Kyiote, No one in particular, Omnimancer, Obsidian Lion, Gildomar, Brother Mirtillo, t3P, mattlistener, aristotle2600, Burley, Cryptomancer, Jaxad0127, Darth Curious, curator, Lonthalus, Zebio, ripple, Nimmi and sensate.
To the encouragement and support of Linda, Red and Bandaid.
The dedication of the judges: Brother Mirtillo, Salvage, aristotle2600, kiyote, Vevill Shreanol, Darth Curious, RebelTechie, Zebio and MrH.
And readers like you, who make Erfworld not just a great webcomic, but a great fandom.
Yeah, Spicymancer is a huge pillar of the Erworld community. Not only for the contest idea and management, also for his great stories and for maintaining the Erfworld fanfiction register.
Thanks for the mentioning by the way, though all I did was suggesting you could pester Rob or Red about making the announcement on the main page.